Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diesel Cement Mixer

Options
  • 23-04-2014 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

Has anyone bought a diesel mixer for occasional use.

I am building at the moment and was wondering if I should buy a second hand mixer from a builder to use for mixing mortar on site. And then use for occasional use - fixing up a block wall, mixing some concrete, etc.

Is there anything to look out for when purchasing? Once its working is that it?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭huntsman77

Probably one you can tow behind van or car handiest saves having to get it on and off trailer with the weight of them and small wheels covered in concrete ud nearly want teleporter to lift on and off most of time. Other than that check drum looks ok not battered with a sledge and lister engine would be a plus seem to go all day everyday with little maintenance .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭jack of all

Be very careful if you are buying second hand- I know a lad that bought a diesel engined mixer (think it was ex-hire) and although it looked clean enough it had been abused and cost a small fortune to put right! It was a bit of a family joke at the time but I think he sees the funny side now!

Advertisement