Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fulcrum Racing Zero v Ksyrium SLS

Options
  • 23-04-2014 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭

Given the choice which would be the best wheelset between the Fulcrum Racing Zero's or the Mavic Ksyrium SL's. Both are just on the limit of my budget at around the €750 mark ic postage. I will be using them for racing & sportifs.

I would appreciate anyone's experiences of both or either.

Personally I think the Ksyriums look considerably better but the spec of the Fulcrums seems better, ceramic bearings etc, for the same money.

Is there something else I should be considering, I have looked at the Campag Shamal Ultras, which I can also get for around the 700 mark, but I gather they are essentially the same as the Fulcrums.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Sorry, I cant help, but where can I get Campagnolo Shamal Ultras for 700 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

Here for €739. I have seen them slightly closer to the 700 mark, can't recall where though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Thanks. That's the cheapest, I've seen them. My german is non existent. Does that price include postage?
    Sorry for hijack.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Thanks. That's the cheapest, I've seen them. My german is non existent. Does that price include postage?
    Sorry for hijack.

Looks like 20.00 for delivery and 9.95 credit card fee

Sorry for hijack.

Nope as Darkglasses has said around €30. I have seen them slightly cheaper, Ill have a hoke through my browsing history to see what I can pull up. They were €719 IIRC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Sr. Assumpta

I have Fulcrum Zero Dark label and cannot fault them. I have them for over 2 years, bought them on Jedi, paid about €900 for them, that included rather nice wheel bags. Other than the good looks of the Dark Label (swish with my black frame), I would promote absence of need for rim-tape (rim tape irritates me, it seems such a dated notion), the smooth running of the ceramic bearings, and their apparent rugged-ness - I've crashed them a couple of times, and other than being briefly off-true (now amended) they have stood up to all that has been asked of them (including two 5-day Ras na mBan's).

Mind you, if your frame is white those Mavics might suit it better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Sorry, I cant help, but where can I get Campagnolo Shamal Ultras for 700 euro?
    €699 here
    http://bike-palast.shopgate.com/item/574831322d5348434652
    Bought zeros from them last year. Great wheel but not sure if better than fulcrum 1
    Ceramic Bearings a little over rated. Have Easton SLXs (non ceramic) and rate them smoother than the ceramic Zeros. I think that alloy wheels reach diminishing returns once you cross €500

Thanks Sr Assumpta & sy.

I have seen the Ksyriums and they look very smart. My frame is predominantly black so likewise I was going to opt for the Fulcrum dark labels, though I have never seen them in the flesh, the spec does seem slightly better than the Ksyriums and I want to get the best bang for buck.

Regarding the difference between 0's and 1's, if I can get the 0's at around the €700 mark, from what I see the 1's aren't coming in a huge pile cheaper, around €50 so is the difference even worth that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

If you get them for €700 buy the Zeros. I pulled all the labels off my zeros so no need to pay extra for Dark labels ;)

Fulcrum 1's here http://bike-palast.shopgate.com/item/2052312d313343 for €589 and pull the labels off!

Advertisement