Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bus Eireann app down?

• 22-04-2014 6:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭

Is the bus Eireann app down for anyone the last few weeks?

It's been down for me for a few weeks, I'm using android.

Tried uninstalling and installing fresh and the issue remains.

You can add stops, but when I tap a stop to get the real time information, the spinning circle is on screen until it says it cannot contact the Server.

If its an issue with the server then surely the iOS app is down too?

I have tried connecting using WiFi and data btw.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭Doge

Seriously worried that nobody else uses the app!

Has it not caught on? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

Don't think that's an official BÉ app, have you tried contacting developer, or deleting the app data on android? Also as another alternative there's the real time ireland app by TfI

Don't think that's an official BÉ app, have you tried contacting developer, or deleting the app data on android? Also as another alternative there's the real time ireland app by TfI

Oh it definitely is:
    http://m.buseireann.ie/index.php?id=347#li_347

The android app followed in January, they both use the same interface.

I was talking to the inspector for the Real Time Information, he goes to each stop in the country and checks the times displayed on the matrix screen above bus sheleters are consistent with the arrival time of each bus and also checks them against the app on his iPhone.

So it's definitely an official app, however the data is actually generated by Transport for Ireland.

As I said I completely uninstalled the app which removes the app data, and reinstalled and no luck.

I will try contacting the developer but I thought I would get a faster response by other users on here.
    I'll give the other TFL app a go too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,917 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

waveform wrote: »
    Oh it definitely is:

I was talking to the inspector for the Real Time Information, he goes to each stop in the country and checks the times displayed on the matrix screen above bus sheleters are consistent with the arrival time of each bus and also checks them against the app on his iPhone.

So it's definitely an official app, however the data is actually generated by Transport for Ireland.

As I said I completely uninstalled the app which removes the app data, and reinstalled and no luck.

I will try contacting the developer but I thought I would get a faster response by other users on here.

The info is NOT generated by Transport for Ireland. They are only responsible for collating the information for the on-street signs and their own website/apps.

The info comes directly from Bus Eireann's own internal systems for their website and app.

The app is an official one. I'd suggest that you drop BE a line directly by email or twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

Oh it definitely is:

Is the developer name bus eireann? The only ones I see are by Acet, Brian Cunningham, and the Transport for Ireland one. Hmm... Either way, yeah you can contact the dev through the app's page on the playstore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,083 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

If ya see him again, suggest that he might like a field trip to Galway. I reckon the signs are only displaying RT info on one route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,917 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Is the developer name bus eireann? The only ones I see are by Acet, Brian Cunningham, and the Transport for Ireland one. Hmm... Either way, yeah you can contact the dev through the app's page on the playstore.

The iPhone app for Bus Eireann was developed by Concept Data Technologies.

An update for the app appeared today and the problem is solved. Other people in Google play had the same issue.

The response from the server is even faster now.

The map is still extremely slow when panning though.

Advertisement