Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

s5 or htc one m8

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

Grey_Goose wrote: »
    I am thinking your s4 would have Bluetooth and I expect your new phone will also have it. For me I find this feature invaluable as the moment I sit into the car and switch on the engine the car system reads my phone automatically and I don't have to take the phone out of my pocket.

Yeah I have bluetooth and do most of the stuff automatically or by voice. Couldn't live without it.

It's more if I want to enter a map detail for Google maps or change a podcast. To unlock the phone with the fingerprint scanner I have to remove the phone from the cradle.

It's a first world problem :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 bwal

Bundy89 wrote: »
    I'm on a S3 after an S2, I never knew the S4/S5 till today have no FM tuner this is crazy, and they have stupid heartrate monitors and finger scanners. Time to change brand I reckon. Big let down Samsung.

I was a huge Samsung fan.had the s2 and s3 when the s4 came out I was thinking about the htc one but went for the s4 .big disappointment the phone is full of features I dont use, since 4g has been rolled in it has never worked properly. Got a replacement and its the same thing.im now thinking between htc and experia but I prefer the design and speaker of the htc.why didn't they make it waterproof? I wouldn't have to think twice then

• Registered Users Posts: 26 snwman86

Biggest problem I have with samsung is its knox bootloader. Which any people who is a fan of custom roms and flashing anything. With the s4 it was fine you could still be on an old bootloader and still use kitkat custom roms. And if the phone packed up or got bricked then easily be returned to factory state and get replaced. But now with the new knox bootloader if you trip it by flashing a new recovery which is needed to flash custom roms your warrenty is voided.

NOw some people will say why bother well I hate stock phones I like to tinker with them so I choose to do it.

Bow only thing ever holding me back on htc was no external sd card but weeh hey there is. And there is only one varient of the htc one m8 not like samsung realeasing 5 or 6 different varients on the s5 like the s4.

Which for people like me who like to flash roms means htc will have alot more development action which it has at the minute.

Both phone have identical specs. Htc though are getting better. Touchwiz is horrible childish features and whoever thought of the new settings menu layout needs a slap is diabolical.

Htc keeps is simple and is the best skin or ui layout compared to stock androis like that of nexus 5.

Currently have an s4 but will buy a htc one m8. One thing I dont think is right is the prices of smartphones at the minute.

There is a phone coming out from a new company called oneplus and they have a phone called the one. Something similar to the htc one m8 and s5 in specs but slighly better but half the cost price same as a nexus 5 but way better specs. And that is non contract

So how can a company do that but yet htc want double for non contract. It wont be in europe for a while if it will come in who knows

Advertisement