Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laphroaig Select Cask - Anyone Tried it?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

I guess that's a no then :) . Might just buy a bottle anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

I've never seen it over this side of the pond. Looks interesting. The virgin oak will impart slight bourbon flavours i.e. think caramel and vanilla flavours so more sweet than scotch is usually. But the heavy iodine peat hit from Laphroaig should balance the sweet and make this a very interesting and I'd say enjoyable experience.

I kniow I'd go for it if I saw it and the price looks fair too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Thought I'd report back as just cracked a bottle.

Hmmm, not a big fan. The oak just seems to overpower the usual Laphroaig iodine/peat that I love, it's just too much. The finish is very disappointing. Usually love the finish of Laphroaig but this has nothing going on save for a tiny vanilla, almost sickly sweet linger on the tongue.
    Might be an interesting one for newbies to introduce them to Laphroaig but if you are already a fan don't think you'd particularly like this one.

Ah well, nothing ventured and all that :)

Advertisement