Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

roof tiles replaced with-!!

Options
  • 12-04-2014 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

Irish roofing delta,,,iko permatorch app high performance modified torch applied roofing sheet,   ,www,iko.ie

Leaking low pitch roof has to be replaced with something waterproof- very reputable experienced roofer recommends above- I am satisfied this is an excellent product and will do the job but I wondered haa anyone got this done?
    Is it going to cause an issue with house insurance cover I wonder

Thks
    Paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭650gs

Insurance dont cover any torch on roof any more used to be ten year old then went to five then three now they will not cover it at all so ask how long the builder will cover it because thats what they will do

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Johny 8

Fiberglass or trocal. you can get a product guarantee cert with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Johny 8 wrote: »
    Fiberglass or trocal. you can get a product guarantee cert with them!

thks a mill I have agreed to have ,,,iko permatorch app high performance modified torch applied roofing sheets fitted. They are applied with underlay
    and insulation , PVC underneath the sheets and modern torch on the other side.

No need to change the pitch ...and the guy doing it has 40 years roofing experience and has done a lot of botch jobs done by builders , just like mine.

I asked him would I get 10/20 yrs.' out of it , he reckons 40 yrs !! with m u 10 degree pitch , so happy out!!!! ps... also the insurance company have no problem whatsoever with this type of roofing surface...

so your changing it to a warm deck?

No I am changing it to a waterproof well insulated roof that will keep the water out and heat in

Anything useful to add. . If not keep your stupid comments to yourself.

• Advertisement

so your changing it to a warm deck?

Excuse my ignorance- I have been informed I am in fact getting a warm deck-
    Apology for smart remark
    Paddy

No I am changing it to a waterproof well insulated roof that will keep the water out and heat in

Anything useful to add. . If not keep your stupid comments to yourself.

yes i have alot of knowledge of warm deck roofing! Every extension we do has a warm deck roof. I do not think my comments are stupid!

yes i have alot of knowledge of warm deck roofing! Every extension we do has a warm deck roof. I do not think my comments are stupid!

Indeed- hence my apology!

Sorry paddy didnt see the last comment!
    If you need any help or further info on the warm deck system let me know.
    I should have pics of all stages through construction of the deck itself!

Sorry paddy didnt see the last comment!
    If you need any help or further info on the warm deck system let me know.
    I should have pics of all stages through construction of the deck itself!

Thks J. Yeah I would love to see pics ok.
    I have a very experienced roofer doing the Jon in next 10 days or so.

He is taking interlocking tiles off roof. He is then putting ply on I think with a cover of insulation over that and then this product ...he showed me it - it has like PVC on the underside and then "felt" on the other (which will be outer side)

I don't know much about roofing (as you know!) I recall him saying something to me when doing up quote ,, we can put half inch ......no we will do three quarter inch ...something or others regards timber/ply ! Sounds more solid I suppose ...when you mentioned -"warm deck" I you tubed it ..I see the idea ok - is ventilation a requirment !? It won't be walked on so not bothered about that really - it's a pity I have two velux stuck in middle of it .. Means joints .the roofer says with the roof he is doing there is no need to stand the velux up due to pitch ..this method will avoid that - that's a great advantage cause water appears to be confined to around these areas of the roof..."paddy

• Advertisement

no probs paddy. Mods is it alright to post pictures in this thread?

Advertisement