Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cabhair liom le do thoil!! Correct grammar. :)

• 26-03-2014 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi,
    I'm just looking for clarification on which of these is correct please as my gaeilge is getting a little rusty.

D'fhéadfaí tú a chloisteáil rince chosa,

D'fhéadfaí a chloisteáil rince chosa,

My understanding is that the first one means.....You could hear dancing feet.
    The second one means........Dancing feet could be heard.

are both translations correct or is there one that is more preferable to use but both are equally correct.

Go raibh maith agat.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Blossomapple

Hi,
    Sorry but for some reason the words are after getting stuck together. I cant seem to edit them.
    a chloisteáil rince chosa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

You could hear dancing feet ........ D'fhéadfá rince cos a chloisteáil

Dancing feet could be heard ....... Bhí rince cos le cloisteáil .. or .. D'fhéadfaí rince cos a chloisteáil, depending on context etc.

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Blossomapple

Hi,
    Thanks so much for that. Can I just ask.....is what I have above incorrect or can it also be used. I ask because submitted an essay with it in it but I could still easily edit it as we can until tomorrow so it's not a problem.
    Thanks.
    :)

Advertisement