Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reporting Mod

Options
  • 26-03-2014 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭

Hi

Would like to make a complaint about Mod "Dr Bollocko" behaviour on a thread today. I was threatened with a blocking action for a comment I dont feel violated the code of conduct. Even if it has I would accept this penalty if it was done in a fair, reasonable, respectful and objective manner. On the same thread I had reported being called an "idiot" by another user and nothing was done nor was comment removed. Instead the Mod also allowed the user to launch a tirade on how some users in general were also "idiots". All of these violations I would think? The manner in which I received the banning threat was also way out of line I thought and not becoming of a mod. I have attached a screenshot of his outburst.

Regards

John

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,278 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

On the same thread I had reported being called an "idiot" by another user and nothing was done nor was comment removed.

Just to clear this one up first, the poster received a yellow card for that post, so please do your research first before hurling around cries of foul play.

As regards your plight, the discussion on the thread itself was dealing with the very serious issue of inappropriate conduct by a female teacher towards a male pupil who was a minor. And your stellar contribution to this discussion was:
    if she is 28 and still single chances are she is kicked ugly and so desperate for her hole she will get off with 15 year old students and risk losing her job. Ive read about about quite a few of these cases in America and the vast majority of the female teachers in question were horrendous looking.

If that sort of juvenile rubbish is the level you're at in a serious thread like this, well then your contributions are no longer required as they add nothing to the discussion. If I'm being totally honest, you got off lightly with a thread ban. There are many mods who would have infracted or banned you for trolling after a comment like that.

Thread ban upheld.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement