Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gorey 3 Day

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Aodho

lennymc wrote: »
    yeah - that was us. I was finishing even if I had to crawl on my hands and knees.

Fair play Lenny, at least you had some company to share the load

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Aodho

I was talking to 1 of the Naas lads after in Tallaght, they were hosting a German team (who won last stage sprint actually), he was telling me they were pretty annoyed because one of the <snip> guys spat in 1 of the Germans faces in a break the day before because he wouldnt work. But the German guy was just marking the move as they had a rider in the top 5 or 10 at the time. Only for a moto marshal spotted it and called up the commissaire it would've gone unpunished, but then the guy threw his water bottle over the German in anger to add further insult. I think the rider was only given a warning but his team told him not to start the next day, but I would have thought that would be a disqualification straight away.
    Anyway thats pretty bad form, especially towards a guest rider. Disgusting actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

Adho, if that happened its pretty disgusting and not something you want to broadcast to foreign soil. I had words with a rider from a club that had 15+ members in the race, wont be forgotten!

Great race and thanks to usher!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭EAD

Unfortunately the spitting incident by an <snip> rider did take place. As one of the support crew looking after our german friends i was mortified that this happen to our guest. I've no idea how he kept so calm especially when the spit was followed by the contents of the bottle as well. It is a good thing the race was otherwise such a success or there would be a very unimpressed german team returning home with a very dim view of the state of irish cycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

All the dirt beginning to come out now :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Eamonnator wrote: »
    You're right. It seems much longer ago, than that.
    At least, it was an Olympic year.
    Tempus doesn't fugit.

Came across this (start list is down the page)

http://www.anpostmedia.com/Media/Ras_Archive/www.anpostras.com/event/fbdras_470.html

Ireland
    1 David McCann
    2. Paul Griffin
    3. Roger Aiken
    4. Michael Concannon
    5. Robin Seymour

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

Disgusting behaviour from <snip>. Hopefully it won't go unpunished.

All in all it was a great weekend. Saturday was unique,Sunday was freezing and Monday the bunch finish was lovely to see.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Folks,
    I've removed names and club names from discussion of the incident. There's been no official communication about the incident as yet. So while plenty of us were there over the weekend and heard some version of what happened, can we please not start naming names unless something official emerges.

Thank you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Awful stuff, what kind of sportsman does that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Awful stuff, what kind of sportsman does that.

Footballers usually ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭MadHatter

That's not just disgusting, it's qualifies as assault. No place for that behaviour in sport. Having been witnessed by a marshal and reported to comms, it's incredible he wasn't turfed out on his ear and publicly named and shamed by officials/organisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭wav1

MadHatter wrote: »
    That's not just disgusting, it's qualifies as assault. No place for that behaviour in sport. Having been witnessed by a marshal and reported to comms, it's incredible he wasn't turfed out on his ear and publicly named and shamed by officials/organisers.
    If its in the comms report he will be sanctioned[has to be in the report first though]Another rider has just started a one month ban for abuse of race officials at an earlier event.Has to be stamped out whether it be against a fellow rider or official.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour. If it doesn't appear in the commissaire's report, one would hope that the club themselves will take action and sanction the rider.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Fair play to the German rider for going berserk. I hope the rider writes a letter of apology to him or gives him a phone call to express his sincere regret at such behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

Cond0r wrote: »
    Absolutely disgraceful behaviour. If it doesn't appear in the commissaire's report, one would hope that the club themselves will take action and sanction the rider.

or if somebody feels really upset about it and witnessed it they could report it to the secretary of CI.

"Both the Commissaires and race organisation of the Gorey 3-Day have decided that following the stoppage of Stage 1, CI points will be awarded to the 11 riders who were in the break at the time of the stoppage. As there is no way to determine who would have won the stage, the points will be added up and split equally among the riders. The stage was over 100km with points normally awarded from first to 10th place. Each rider will now receive 5 CI points. The race organisers would like to thank all riders and teams for their co-operation in what was an unprecedented stage halt in the 38th edition of the race."

Gary Mc Ilroy, College of Commissaires

from CI website

• Registered Users Posts: 18 stingymaster1

Anybody hear any results from the drug test at the end of the last stage? Nothing solid on the www

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Anybody hear any results from the drug test at the end of the last stage? Nothing solid on the www

Any results or adverse tests will be released by the Irish sorts council in due course.
    Anything else is speculation and will open the poster to potential litigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭bwalsh1983

If in the case that something was awry when can any possible adverse results from the ISC be expected?

bwalsh1983 wrote: »
    If in the case that something was awry when can any possible adverse results from the ISC be expected?

When due process has been completed is the straight answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭bwalsh1983

RobFowl wrote: »
    When due process has been completed is the straight answer.

Fair enough, just enquiring whether there is a date when all 2014 results are made public.

bwalsh1983 wrote: »
    Fair enough, just enquiring whether there is a date when all 2014 results are made public.

The Irish sports council publishes an annual report listing all the positives and numbers of tests, most recent at the moment is from 2013 and relates to 2012 results.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

RobFowl wrote: »
    The Irish sports council publishes an annual report listing all the positives and numbers of tests, most recent at the moment is from 2013 and relates to 2012 results.

So, sometime in 2016?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Doping in A2/A3, who'da thunk it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

So, sometime in 2016?
    That is a f*cking joke.

Raam wrote: »
    Doping in A2/A3, who'da thunk it?

how do you know there is doping in a2/a3?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

morana wrote: »
    how do you know there is doping in a2/a3?

Cos he did it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Who did what?
    and with which?
    and to whom?

just looked at the ISC annual report for 2013. Cannabis for a rugby player, no whereabouts for a box and a steroid for a Runner! Nothing for cycling although we had the 2nd highest number of tests

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Who did what?
    and with which?
    and to whom?

Professor Plum
    With the EPO
    At the Gorey

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement