Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 Hour lecture!!!!

Options
  • 22-10-2013 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭

Just thought i would have a good moan about the re-scheduling of some of my lectures! Due to the lecturer having other commitments they have decided to run the two lectures they missed back to back after i already have to sit through a 2 hour lecture of said subject... surely this is some form of torture/punishment!!! same room, same subject, same lecturer FOR 5 HOURS.... f*cking hell!:mad::mad:

This has to be an error on the lecturers part as not speaking for myself but knowing my classmates like i do as i've been with them for 4 years now its safe to say by the time the last hour of the lecture rolls around she will have lost the majority of the class who will have packed up and left around the 3/4 hour mark!

The sooner this year is over and i never have to sit in a lecture again the better! Good riddance to NCI!

Bonus rant: College of I.T. yet the wifi is horrific the last while! Good work!

Ah..... much better!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Have you said it to the program co-ordinator? Or a class rep or something like that, there was one group in our year who had pretty much the same thing and they just changed the timetable, sometimes they don't even pay attention to what they're doing.

The Wifi's been grand for me on the first floor anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Ah..... much better!

Have to agree. The speed and stability of the internet and WiFi is pathetic in the College.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

At least it's just for one subject. Sure when I did my masters we had the lecturer 10-5 every day for two and a half weeks straight...and then on to the next module for the exact same format.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

Just thought i would have a good moan about the re-scheduling of some of my lectures! Due to the lecturer having other commitments they have decided to run the two lectures they missed back to back after i already have to sit through a 2 hour lecture of said subject... surely this is some form of torture/punishment!!! same room, same subject, same lecturer FOR 5 HOURS.... f*cking hell!:mad::mad:

This has to be an error on the lecturers part as not speaking for myself but knowing my classmates like i do as i've been with them for 4 years now its safe to say by the time the last hour of the lecture rolls around she will have lost the majority of the class who will have packed up and left around the 3/4 hour mark!

The sooner this year is over and i never have to sit in a lecture again the better! Good riddance to NCI!

Ah..... much better!

Yeah the internet speed is scandalis for a third level college for the money your paying. I feel for ya on the 5 hour lecture the timetables is just luck! Maybe take an half hour off durin the five hours and have a break..

Advertisement