Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is my 8800 gts crashing my comp?

Options
  • 29-01-2008 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

I have set up my raid and in the process of installing windows when at different parts of the installation a blue screen appears saying it had to shut down my comp......Now the first time the problem occured was just after i had formatted the hdd and partition. The next time happened it was when i was in the actual final stages of the install.......so it is a bit random.

Could this blue screening be because my 8800gts with the thermaltake hr-03 heatsink is absoloutely roasting? The heatsink should be 20% more efficient than the stock one and yet it gets very very hot during installing windows.

Is there a way to check the graphics card temperature in the bios?

Is there a way of doing a troubleshoot in bios to see why it is blue screening.

When i restart the comp it says everything is running ok and all that until it crashes at the later part of installation.

Again i am in debt to anyone who can help.

Advertisement