Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

noise in the sky - Dublin 2

Options
  • 03-04-2007 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

does anyone know what is making the noise in the sky today around D2. i know it is some sort of aircraft, there is no way it can be a commercial airline given the noise it is making,

it has flown over the green at least 5 times since about midday today, it would appear it is flying at an extremely high speed given that from when you first hear it to it going out of hearing range is less than 10 seconds

has the I(irish)AF got some new sub sonic figher jets?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Dr.Bunson

pauld wrote:
    has the I(irish)AF got some new sub sonic figher jets?

Has the IAF got any planes :)

I've heard it over abbey street twice today

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

There was an Air Corps plane doing some low altitude sweeps over Dundrum at about 16:10. Must be the same one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Why was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Its a UFO..Oh god they're here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

SaxoDuff wrote:
    Its a UFO..Oh god they're here!!
    [obligatory Simpsons quote]I for one welcome our new insect Overlords...[/obligatory Simpsons quote].

/Had to be done really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Ravelleman wrote:
    There was an Air Corps plane doing some low altitude sweeps over Dundrum at about 16:10. Must be the same one.

Probably one of the PC9M Trainer Aircraft of the Irish Air Corps Operating touch and go's at EIDW ( Dublin Intl ) lately and doing low level flying and mixing in with Civil Air Traffic.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

An overgrown pigeon with bad diarrhea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

Yeah I heard it too

It sounded like an Air Corp plane alright

There was a Guard of Honour for a foreign dignitary on today in town...could have been a fly over

They also could be practicing for the Easter Rising Commemorations might be a fly-by involved

Fuppin' Russians are invading again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Its the big floating smokey cloud monster from lost, so it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I had some beans on toast, sorry. :(

Advertisement