Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Htc One M8 unlock problem

• 22-04-2014 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all

I purchased a Htc one M8 this evening and it's locked to Vodafone Ireland. I tried 3 different online Unlockers and all came back with can't be unlocked at this time, Imei is not available?????

Is this because it's a very new model??

Any ideas, all suggestions welcome

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

I have the same problem, mine is locked to vodafone too, think i have tried about 10 different websites now, they seem to be able to unlock some other carriers M8's but just not vodafone, we will just have to wait for the carrier servers to update with the unlock codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 davecp2008

Thanks for your quick reply, let's hope it gets sorted soon or I will have to change over to Vodafone :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

Vodafone bill pay customers can get 3 unlock codes in a year.

Do you know anyone on Vodafone that could request the unlock code?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bto

Hi,
    Has anyone had joy with unlocking the Vodafone Ireland HTC M8 as of yet? Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

You can get the code on the Vodafone website? They'll give you up to three a year.

• Advertisement

You can get the code on the Vodafone website? They'll give you up to three a year.

Only if your a Vodafone customer on bill pay or have spent 120euro within 6mts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

davecp2008 wrote: »
    Only if your a Vodafone customer on bill pay or have spent 120euro within 6mts

Does the phone need to be bought under the account that requests the unlock code? If not send me a PM with the details and I'll request one under mine and see what happens.

I'll want to see some proof of purchase mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

If it was bought ready to go any vodafone customer can request it.

Does the phone need to be bought under the account that requests the unlock code? If not send me a PM with the details and I'll request one under mine and see what happens.

I'll want to see some proof of purchase mind.

Unfortunately I'm not the original owner, I bought it on adverts recently so I don't have any pull with Vodafone. Many thanks for your offer all the same.

Unlock update

I got an email from mobileunlock24 that the code is now available for 20 euro

Thanks for all your help

Regards

• Advertisement

I have just sent them an email there to see if they can unlock mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sth_safal

allen175 wrote: »
    I have just sent them an email there to see if they can unlock mine.

Any luck with unlocking? I am stuck as well..

my order is processing at the moment, finger crossed that it won't be too much longer.

No luck, just got a refund from mobileunlock24, still no code.

same.. got refunded.. :(

No luck, just got a refund from mobileunlock24, still no code.

I might have found a way to unlock it. I still costs 20E. I will update you if mine gets through.

Cheers.

Good Stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Are people still having issues unlocking these on Voda? Tried a load of places myself and still no luck! :(

Lardy wrote: »
    Are people still having issues unlocking these on Voda? Tried a load of places myself and still no luck! :(

Yup, nowhere can do it yet, some of the sites are emailing me saying that the servers were updated but the code still isn't available yet.

Vodafone said they would do it if i gave them a deposit of €200 :eek: that would be paid back to me eventually. I rang them hoping that if they did put my IMEI in it would trigger their systems to update the carrier servers.

No luck from the server I was talking about. Fastunlockr from ebay gave me a fake code. Just sent them a video to prove the code didn't work. Another supplier says he should have 90% of the phone's code my next week while many recommends the phone to be at least a month old before we can request for the code. Travelling to the states tomo and will have to use the old One. :(

• Advertisement

I've put mine on Adverts. No use to me as I'm on Three. Shame as it's an awesome device! :(

Anyone had any success? I got a code from 1 site, but it didn't work, pulling my hair out at this stage.

Anyone had any success? I got a code from 1 site, but it didn't work, pulling my hair out at this stage.

No luck. Got fake codes from one server as well, other weren't able to find it.
    desperately waiting for s-off at this point.

I got rid of mine and got an S5 instead. :)

Today i finally managed to get it unlocked! I got the code from iUnlock.ie, he is based in Tallaght, absolute gent to deal with, I would highly recommend trying him for the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭hollywoodhoppy

has there been a definitive solution to this? thinking about buying an m8 locked to vodafone or is it better to leave it (I'm on Three)

has there been a definitive solution to this? thinking about buying an m8 locked to vodafone or is it better to leave it (I'm on Three)

Multiple solutions available now. There is either factory unlock(not 100% still though). And if you know a little about bootloader and rooting, there in sunshine soff, 25usd and guaranteed.

thanks, pardon my ignorance, if I bring this into my local unlock shop, should they be able to do it at this stage? or the likes of this guy maybe?

http://www.adverts.ie/htc/htc-one-m8-unlock-code-service/5698402

thanks, pardon my ignorance, if I bring this into my local unlock shop, should they be able to do it at this stage? or the likes of this guy maybe?

Yes, got my unlock from the same guy. But its not 100% sure to get a code for a new phone. However, if you live in Dublin and can't get it unlocked from there, I can help you with it. PM me in case that doesn't work. BTW m8 is a great phone :)

• Advertisement

Ok thanks very much, I might pull the trigger based on your advice, its a brand new sealed phone, fingers crossed it is workable. I will try the local guy first then the guy on adverts, failing that I will be onto you (again thanks very much for your offer). I presume your method is fairly reliable?

Ok thanks very much, I might pull the trigger based on your advice, its a brand new sealed phone, fingers crossed it is workable. I will try the local guy first then the guy on adverts, failing that I will be onto you (again thanks very much for your offer). I presume your method is fairly reliable?

you are welcome.. Yes, just google for sunshine s off and you will have your answer. It just got released a couple of days ago and many people have benefited from it. Are you getting the phone on prepay or bill pay? If prepay, have you considered getting an unlocked one directly? The unlock price should cover the price unless you r getting one from adverts :)

Cool, I am looking at one on donedeal actually, got the IMEI off the seller and payed for an unlock code on iunlock.ie. If it doesnt work he will give me a refund so I'll see. Googled 'for sunshine s off'- interesting reading, at least there are options out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Josephine91

Hello all,
    I've had my htc one m8 a month now and am still waiting on this fella to get back to me with an unlock code but hes telling my that they havent released one yet for the vodafone network. Has any one else gotten theres unlocked yet....very frustrated right now.

Hello all,
    I've had my htc one m8 a month now and am still waiting on this fella to get back to me with an unlock code but hes telling my that they havent released one yet for the vodafone network. Has any one else gotten theres unlocked yet....very frustrated right now.

Mine was released after about 45 days from purchase. May be you can try the same. If not again, there is s off option, which is a little tricky if you don't have knowledge of rooting/bootloader. If you do it the wrong way, your warranty will be void. But anyone with a technical knowledge can unlock and restore everything to as it is.

Your best bet would be waiting a few more days, and try unlocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Josephine91

Thank you very much for getting back to me. You wouldn't believe but the phone I have now is after falling and breaking so i'm really hoping the unlock code comes out soon. Is there anyway to track maybe when the unlock code will be released?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Shy Ted

Has there been any recent updates on unlocking the HTC One M8?
    Is there any reliable sites, programs, or companies that can generate the codes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭cullenswood

I got a code on ebay for very cheap and it all worked fine

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Shy Ted

Thanks cullenswood.

Did it take long for the code to be sent to you?
    Can you pass on the link to the seller?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

ANy help with this folks? Locked onto Meteor with new m8 today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

ANy help with this folks? Locked onto Meteor with new m8 today.

You can buy a code on ebay and be unlocked in a few hours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement