Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

City Centre to Audi North Dublin, North Park, North Road, Dublin 11

• 19-04-2014 10:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭

I am wondering what might be the best way to get from city centre to Audi North Dublin? I am getting a train to Heuston but where wuld be best way to get from here out?

I am assuming a bus from City Centre? Anyone know bus route that might bring me close please?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭rx8

A number 40, from Thomas St, or anywhere on the route to stop 4546 just off the N2 will leave you just a few minutes from it... http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Examples/Google-Map/?routeNumber=40&direction=OI&towards=Liffey+Valley+Shopping+Centre&from=Finglas+Village

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,921 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Would it not be easier and faster to take the 140 and get off at stop 1560, avoiding the long tour of the delights that Finglas South, West and North have to offer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Would it not be easier and faster to just mention the benefit of the 140 without the back-handed comment about certain parts of Finglas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Would it not be easier and faster to just mention the benefit of the 140 without the back-handed comment about certain parts of Finglas?

Buses in the north suburbs tends to go through every single housing estate on the way to terminus. Take the number 19 which tended to spend more time driving away estates in the suburbs than going to town. That was one of the reasons why the buses routes were redesigned. There is no need for a bus to spend 20 mins driving around low density estates to collect about 2 people.

The 140 is the quickest.It sticks to the main roads.

I was referring to the fact that the 40 takes a very extended tour of those areas rather than the direct route along the N2 that the 140 takes.

Any other interpretation is one that you have made yourself.

• Advertisement

hfallada wrote: »
    Buses in the north suburbs tends to go through every single housing estate on the way to terminus. Take the number 19 which tended to spend more time driving away estates in the suburbs than going to town. That was one of the reasons why the buses routes were redesigned. There is no need for a bus to spend 20 mins driving around low density estates to collect about 2 people.

The 140 is the quickest.It sticks to the main roads.

There are a mix of routes along each corridor, some taking the direct route, others serving the local areas. You need a balance of the two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Blah blah blah off topic chat that the OP doesn't need.

Get the 140 OP and get off at stop number 6364 which will leave you adjacent to Charlestown Shopping Centre and a 12 minute walk to Audi North Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭Kehoejck

Thanks guys for all of your help. So would I have to get a luas into the O Connell street area to get this bus i.e. 140?

Kehoejck wrote: »
    Thanks guys for all of your help. So would I have to get a luas into the O Connell street area to get this bus i.e. 140?

Yes - that's the easiest way.

The 140 goes from Upper O'Connell Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭Kehoejck

Thats great, most appreciated!

• Advertisement
Advertisement