Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone studying Sports science & Health?

Options
  • 03-11-2013 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

I'm really interested in this course and so far it's my no1 choice when I leave secondary. I'm keen on becoming a personal trainer and fitness instructor, can anyone doing this course tell me what it is like? Is the chemistry physics and maths side of it really hard? I'm only doing biology for the leaving cert. Any responses would be hugely appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭QuantumP

I haven't done this course specifically but I have studied Chemistry, Physics & Maths in ITT. I badly struggled with Maths & Physics in school and had never studied Chemistry so just like you I was really worried. (I got a D2 in Ord Maths in the LC). I wouldn't say its really hard, but it will definitely require work and naturally the harder you work the better your grades will be. The college will provide all the extra support you need, if required. Maths even became my best subject by the end of the course!

Don't be discouraged and remember nothing worth having comes easy, best of luck with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Jinx96

FairPlay that sounds like a tough course! Luckily biology is one of my favourite subjects, Hopefully the physics and chemistry modules are okay and the maths part of the course seems minute so all should be well. Fingers crossed I get the required points :)

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭SheldonC17

Third year student here and I can say that although physics and chemistry require a bit of work, they are very manageable. The maths is very basic (less than junior cert standard). If biology is one of favourite subjects you both enjoy and excel in this course. Also I should add that it a good course that leaves you with a wide variety of options upon completion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Jinx96

That's great to hear! I'm fairly set in my ways and this is definitely my number one option course, I'm not really considering UCD or DCU for sports science as the points are quite high especially and I feel IT Tallaght would suit me better, ucd has a huge drop out rate!

Advertisement