Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

With a clear favorite at kick off what Over 2.5 odds would you expect?

Options
  • 20-09-2013 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Guys, Does anyone look for value with the O 2.5 odds when there is a clear favorite, ie one team with win odds less than 2.0 I would expect the Over 2.5 odds to be less than 2.0 also, is there any logic behind this thought process?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Not that I can see, but you haven't explained why you think that so who knows? Though of course, Barcelona.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭paulo6891

Guys, Does anyone look for value with the O 2.5 odds when there is a clear favorite, ie one team with win odds less than 2.0 I would expect the Over 2.5 odds to be less than 2.0 also, is there any logic behind this thought process?

There is logic behind it, but nothing that the bookmakers aren't already aware of, they're pretty good at what they do!

You also need to be league specific, a 1/2 team in the Premier League aren't necessarily going to score the same number of goals on average as a 1/2 team in Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Match Odds are calculated from supremacy between the teams and the amount of goals the game is in for. You can check sportingbet to see the spreads on the goal lines and can easily see what the game is in for goals wise.

Advertisement