Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Avoca Water softener

Options
  • 28-09-2011 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi All plumbers , I just installed an Avoca water softener and am a little unsure of how the programmer works. For a start dose the salt go into the bin in front of the unit? And how do I know if its working.
    Regards
    Liam C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

Hi All plumbers , I just installed an Avoca water softener and am a little unsure of how the programmer works. For a start dose the salt go into the bin in front of the unit? And how do I know if its working.
    Regards
    Liam C

Anyone reccomend this product? Am thinking strongly about ordering one today.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Liam C Ryan

Hi Murtinho, For what its worth , I am not a plumber but I do all my own plumbing and I did get my Avoca water softner up and working properly and did get to programme it ok. I have it installed in the attic and it back washes every third day at 3am in the morning. Anyone I have talked to said the Avoca is a good make and will do my house for as long as Im around,
    Regards
    Liam C

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

Hi Murtinho, For what its worth , I am not a plumber but I do all my own plumbing and I did get my Avoca water softner up and working properly and did get to programme it ok. I have it installed in the attic and it back washes every third day at 3am in the morning. Anyone I have talked to said the Avoca is a good make and will do my house for as long as Im around,
    Regards
    Liam C

Ta, i actually got it put in this morning, was getting a tap fixed so got it done at the same time.
    Seems to work ok, just wondering, the manual is a bit crap, how do you know how often to set it to regenerate, should i set it higher for harder water etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭aah yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1 briang648

Where can I get a manual for an avoca water softener

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭larchill

Was talking to a seller of the Avoca only last week. Apparently they're set to 'wash' in the wee hours every day. They're a successful product according to this seller who's sold lots.

Today I was talking to a rep of EWT technologies who also do a softner for €650 incl installation. Anyone know about EWT?

Advertisement