Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oil burners and boilers

• 13-02-2013 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

We recently purchased an old house and wondering if we need to replace the boiler.

There is a new burner in it (<5 years old) and it is a Riello Kerosene burner Model G3B.

The boiler is inside the house and we are moving it outside. The boiler is a Myson Velaire and I have no idea how old it is. I am attaching a photo.

Appreciate any opinions on this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭dpofloinn

If it is working and supplying your heating needs then there is no need to replace it.However if you are moving it outside you will have to put it in a shed or build a boiler house for it to protect it from the elements, so you will have to weigh up the costs of doing this against getting a self contained condensing unit.Personally I would opt for a new self contained condenser and seeing as you are planning on doing some alterations anyway I think now would be as good a time as any to consider replacing it

Advertisement