Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

I always thought that one of Keane's biggest strengths was that he could make the players around him play better. As for english players i'd say Paul Scholes is the best of his generation. Funnily enough i didn't rate him that highly the first couple of years with utd. Think he was used as a forward if my memory serves me right. As for Gerrard i think he has been an outstanding servant for his club. Dont think he done himself any favours with the fans when he tried to go to Chelsea though. Could never have seen any of the utd lads carrying on like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I always thought that one of Keane's biggest strengths was that he could make the players around him play better. As for english players i'd say Paul Scholes is the best of his generation. Funnily enough i didn't rate him that highly the first couple of years with utd. Think he was used as a forward if my memory serves me right. As for Gerrard i think he has been an outstanding servant for his club. Dont think he done himself any favours with the fans when he tried to go to Chelsea though. Could never have seen any of the utd lads carrying on like that

Scholes played in diamond 4-4-2 as they called it playing as Cam, behind Cole and Cantona when he first came in.

Pretty much developed into a much different player in last 7-8 years alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

article-1287736535070-0BACE568000005DC-561399_466x310.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Does it really matter if a player loves the club as long as he gives 100% every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Rooney better play tomorrow! Is it his grandmother on his Dad side thats from Galway?

• Advertisement

Trilla wrote: »
    Rooney better play tomorrow! Is it his grandmother on his Dad side thats from Galway?

think so. It's Galway and Offaly links he has anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Colleens partents have irish blood in this, hence the surname so the kid has a huge irish influence from both sides.

would be class if rooney had a falling out with england and the kid declared for us!

hopefully he does play tomorrow, we struggle big time without him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Colleens partents have irish blood in this, hence the surname so the kid has a huge irish influence from both sides.

would be class if rooney had a falling out with england and the kid declared for us!

hopefully he does play tomorrow, we struggle big time without him.

I'm all for the development of youth but I think the kid may be a little inexperienced to play for us just yet:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

he wouldn't be eligible though, there's no great grandparent rule

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Des wrote: »
    he wouldn't be eligible though, there's no great grandparent rule

If homer's right then it's Colleen's parents that would make him eligible.

• Advertisement

Eathrin wrote: »
    Colleen's parents that would make him eligible.

Have they Irish blood or are they Irish? Big difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Remember when Veron was brought in and Scholes was pushed upfield......Brrrr....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

And knowing Trap, he'd probably leave Rooney on the bench just because everyone wanted him to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

yeah they would be too busy failing to show up to drug tests & doing Granny's & there brother's wife

there are a number of players who should be shipped out and replaced. Park, Evra, Berbatov, Anderson would be the four main ones

Yes, yes, yes and yes.

Yes, yes, yes and yes.

Owen and Kiko too imo

Trilla wrote: »
    Owen and Kiko too imo

I forgot about them so yes and yes again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I'd sell Evra anyway. Could probably get some decent cash from PSG for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

MD1990 wrote: »
    yeah they would be too busy failing to show up to drug tests & doing Granny's & there brother's wife
    et-computer-kid2.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

There's no way 6 players will be shipped out at once.

The only ones almost certain to leave this summer imo are Owen and Berbatov. I don't think Ando will go, Park and Evra definitely won't. I can see Macheda going on loan again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I'd sell Evra anyway. Could probably get some decent cash from PSG for him.

I can understand that, defensively hes been shocking, yet going forward hes been brilliant.

And on top of that, hes a absolute legend. Love Evra, always will. Don't want him to start every game, but I'd hate to see him leave.

I just can't see him finishing out his career at OT. If he was going to stay and be happy with a bit-part role it would be fine but he'll head home eventually.

He has maybe two good years left in his legs and then his attacking days are numbered. May as well get some cash for him while we can.

That being said, for around 4 years he was our most consistent player and probably the best LB in the world. The extra dimension he has given us from an attacking point of view has been immense. Plus, he's mad as a bag of ferrets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

smug_reasonably_small.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Or winning trophies...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

419216_368161136537486_184294368257498_1357066_1399754536_n.jpg

Horrible jersey for next season - saw the previous photo, but close up looks worse!

Think its time to add another boards member onto the ignore list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

419216_368161136537486_184294368257498_1357066_1399754536_n.jpg

Horrible jersey for next season - saw the previous photo, but close up looks worse!

say it ain't so :(

Nike have been making consistently **** kits for years. I don't wear jerseys so it doesn't bother me, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

shizz wrote: »
    say it ain't so :(

Absolutely rotten. That'll be 4 home jerseys in 4 years too :mad:, I'm not shelling out for it regardless of if it looks like something Hugh Hefner would wear or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

What do people think of a cheeky tenner on Brendan Rodgers being the next Utd manager. I think if Sir Alex stays on for a couple more years, it might become more and more likely. Although I still would expect it to be Pep or Mourinho.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/man-utd-specials/next-permanent-manager

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement