Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

When people here meet! Question!

• 04-04-2007 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭

Hey so i was wondering here that when people post etc sometimes it get out of hand and threads have been deleted of locked or people fight im just wondering when boards people meet up for a few beers or whatever does it get heated about past posts that some might bring up be it politics,religion or whatever.

Thanks,
    Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 cmcd

Why do you ask, Steyr?
    Are you afraid you will meet up with a boards user who also happens to be a nurse when you next visit a hospital. Especially since you posted this in the nurses strike thread

"They knew they type of **** they were going to have to deal with so **** em, Money grabbing bitches."
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055074400&page=2

Oh, FYI all nurses are not female, so they can't all be bitches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I would hope that people would not take one post about one subject as being representative of an entire personality?

I would simply say that anyone who would go to a boards beers to make trouble should not bother going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Mods stroll around telling people to shut up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The same way you are expect to be civil in your posting you are epxected to be civil at a boards beers and have manners and act like a grown up.

If you have an on boards issuew with someone and you meet them nod say hello and then go talk to somene else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

cmcd wrote:

You can call men "bitches" as well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I met a certain mod at a Beers and he got back at me for past posts by hitting on my boyfriend :p I'll spare him the shame of naming him, outright but it rhymes with SparCaldarion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Crucifix wrote:

If you get "banned" from a beers, the mods take you outside and bugger you with a sweeping brush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Crucifix wrote:

Nice one. Does the ban on talking about the "other festival" also apply at boards beers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

agamemnon wrote:
    If you get "banned" from a beers, the mods take you outside and bugger you with a sweeping brush.

Actually it's a mop. It just looks funnier with all those little strings flying around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

No as it is a private function you will be asked to leave and then if you don't the bouncers will tell you to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Nightwish wrote:
    I met a certain mod at a Beers and he got back at me for past posts by hitting on my boyfriend :p I'll spare him the shame of naming him, outright but it rhymes with SparCaldarion.

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,394 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

i thought you were going to ask about the secret handshake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,795 ✭✭✭✭looksee

don't be giving away hank's secrets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,394 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

looksee wrote:
    don't be giving away hank's secrets

edits post so looksee looksees stupid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

cmcd wrote:
    Why do you ask, Steyr?
    Are you afraid you will meet up with a boards user who also happens to be a nurse when you next visit a hospital. Especially since you posted this in the nurses strike thread

"They knew they type of **** they were going to have to deal with so **** em, Money grabbing bitches."

he is entitled to his opinion and in my opinion he is dead right

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nightwish wrote:
    He will be mine trollop. :)

Somebody, I believe ladyj, introduced herself to me arguing about boards for a second, then we just laughed.
    It's a bit ridiculous to argue over that stuff.
    Just buy me a pint on saturday night and all will be fine.

Some guy, angusmcguyver I think, introduced himself by touching me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

One, two
    One, two, three, four

When you came in my life you changed my world
    My Tar.A
    Everything seemed so right my sexeh girl
    My Tar.A

You are all I want to know
    You hold my heart so don't let go
    You are all I need to live
    My love to you I'll give

My Tar.A

When you begin to smile you change my style
    My Tar.A
    When I look in your eyes I see my prize
    My Tar.A

My love to you I'll give

Oh my Tar.A
    Don't let go oh no
    My Tar.A

My love to you I'll always give

Oh my Tar.A

Yes you changed my style with your baby smile
    Tar.A
    Childlike charms keep me warm hold you in my arms
    Tar.A

Change my world my sexeh girl
    Tar.A
    All I want to know don't let go
    No, no, no, no, no, no
    Tar.A
    Tar.A
    Be mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

cmcd wrote:
    Why do you ask, Steyr?

No actually was just asking and i stand by my statement on Nurses, i put up with lot of cack in my job and if i get sick of it i know where the door is....Bitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Steyr wrote:
    No actually was just asking and i stand by my statement on Nurses, i put up with lot of cack in my job and if i get sick of it i know where the door is....Bitch.
    Your lack of knowledge about a subject you are posting about is breathtaking. There is already a severe shortage of nurses yet you expect all those, who aren't happy, to leave.

You may put up with a lot of "cack" in you job but you are probably easy to replace. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Banned for personal abuse.
    Leave it out people,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

^^^Thats the way to Mr McGyvers heart. He thinks power is sexeh.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Spanky-s wrote:
    One, two
    One, two, three, four

When you came in my life you changed my world
    My Tar.A
    Everything seemed so right my sexeh girl
    My Tar.A

My love to you I'll give

My Tar.A

When you begin to smile you change my style
    My Tar.A
    When I look in your eyes I see my prize
    My Tar.A

My love to you I'll give

Oh my Tar.A
    Don't let go oh no
    My Tar.A

My love to you I'll always give

Oh my Tar.A

Yes you changed my style with your baby smile
    Tar.A
    Childlike charms keep me warm hold you in my arms
    Tar.A

Change my world my sexeh girl
    Tar.A
    All I want to know don't let go
    No, no, no, no, no, no
    Tar.A
    Tar.A
    Be mine

remind me to smack you at the beers for this...
    kthxbye

If anything, more songs about me are required.
    Noted, nighty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

People have been ejected from boards events. You occasionally get some muppet bringing up posts, at which point you walk away from said muppet.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

ah yes...

the pictures were the iceing on the cake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Nightwish wrote:
    He needs an excuse now?! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Boston wrote:
    People have been ejected from boards events. You occasionally get some muppet bringing up posts, at which point you walk away from said muppet.
    are u as fun in real life as your board persona would suggest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

double'ly so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Boston wrote:
    People have been ejected from boards events.
    Do they come back an hour later using a clever disguise but harping on about much the same thing? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

cmcd wrote:
    Why do you ask, Steyr?

:D - Steyr now stricken with terror induced insomnia lurks in the boards.ie Militant Nurse's forum nightly, sizing up the opposition and wondering anxiously whether he can risk a Boards Beer...........:eek:

- You should be ok - but I'd leave at the first showing of a latex fist if I were you ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Do they come back an hour later using a clever disguise but harping on about much the same thing? :p
    Brilliant! :D

I can picture it now some guy called Adam gets kicked out for continually slagging off someone else, then some guy wearing Groucho Marx glasses and calling himself Adam2 comes in and repeats the process :D

Is there any chance of ever having a Boards Beers outside of Dublin? Has this been done before?

I realise there's a Galway Boards Beer, but I don't mean this... If that makes sense? I'm tired and my nose is running. I'd run after it but, quite frankly, I'd look like a moron chasing after my own nose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭nicolo

I dunno, I know if i went i wouldn't be able to resist pulling some kind of horrible prank on certain mods, for the most part the mods on here are grand,but there is a few serious power tripping pain in the ass ones.