Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HWCH: June 27th Deadline

Options
  • 11-05-2005 12:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭

Calling all bands for Hard Working Class Heroes

Organisers of the Hard Working Class Heroes event are inviting bands from
    Ireland and abroad to submit their demos.

The Hard Working Class Heroes organisers have confirmed that this year’s
    rockfest will run from August 26 to 28.

With dozens of showcase spots up for grabs, acts should make sure their three-track demos get to HWCH c/o the Federation Of Irish Music Collectives, 28 North Lotts, Dublin 1 no later than Monday June 27.

For the first time, the 2005 Hard Working Class Heroes will also feature a
    selection of the UK’s top emerging artists.

“As we got involved in the Music From Ireland brand this year, we thought
    opening our festivals to artists from other countries was nothing less than
    other territories do for our bands,” explains the FMC’s Angela Dorgan. “We’re
    excited to try it out and see how it works.”

With Humanzi, Joe Chester, Declan O’Rourke, Iain Archer, Director and Mainline just a few of the acts who showcased last year, HWCH 3 is likely to attract a bumper crop of A&R personages.

“We got amazing feedback from bands and punters alike and felt we needed to deliver just as exciting a festival this year with a couple of surprises,” says Brian Carroll of last year’s proceedings.

The new www.hwch.net site goes live on May 27.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Last year was brilliant, looking forward to this year's. But is the whole point of it not that they're all Irish bands/artists? I've nothing against forign bands; They'll probably make for a better festival; But I can't help but feel that they're not sticking with the original idea...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I paid for the weekend. Went to the first night. Got bored. Didn't go back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

there was a lot of people pissed off with their selection process last year
    it left a lot of unanswered questions.
    there seemed to be a bit of "favouritism going on
    if the forum from last year is anything to go by,
    heres hopin things will be better this year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Yeah I saw some of that. Don't remember too much though. It had something to do with Ollie Cole from Turn being on the selection panel.

Berkeley were definitely shafted by them. They had a decent slot and were bumped sideways to make a place for one of the organizer's bands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Ugly Dead Boy

And I was told there is definately no favouritism by one of the organizers, who'd have thought it, a dishonest music organization! I am shocked :eek: , see!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement