Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intranet

Options
  • 03-06-2014 2:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

Would anyone like to recommend any intranet solutions? I am looking at alternatives at the moment.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

That depends what your looking for.

You could easily use a free content management system like Joomla and WAMP to build and host an intranet site. If you are a larger organisation and can afford the licensing, you could look at Microsoft Sharepoint.

LoGiE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

Cheers Logie. We currently have an intranet built on dotnetnuke at the moment but I'm looking for a decent alternative. I'm not looking to introduce sharepoint for the moment. I'm looking to display company policies that are separated by active directory permissions so that would mean AD integration. I have trialed a couple, just looking if anyone has any other recommendations. I'd be looking for a CMS solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Ctrl Alt Del

I'll say Sharepoint ... all the way !

I feel sorry saying that as at some point,Microsoft will force you to move all your internal sites on to their hands (via NSA core links) hosted on some unknown no-man "lands" !

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

For AD integration, I would probably suggest Sharepoint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

I haven't completely ruled out sharepoint, if anyone has any other recommendations that would be great. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

We use JIRA & Confluence from Altassain which is handy enough.

The company teams can use it for tracking projects, our IT uses a JIRA project for a ticketing system, there's good macros for displaying progress on tickets etc. HR use confluence for announcements, you can put links and embed files for an internal KB across teams & create team pages for updating calendars etc. for annual leave, new joiners etc.

Worth a look anyway, I don't have experience with Sharepoint but I think JIRA and confluence are a decent alternative that's easy enough to customize it once you give it a bit of time

Advertisement