Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smart 4 Turbo smartphone - €29.99 in Dunnes Stores mailing offers

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Keithmc40 wrote: »
    Hi , can i please ask for help, i got this phone today but first i had to get a tesco sim card, gave the guy in the shop the tesco number and had no problems at the vodafone shop, but im at home now and cant get the phone to work, any ideas what im doing wrong ? TIA
    Are you using the Vodafone sim?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Keithmc40 wrote:
    Hi , can i please ask for help, i got this phone today but first i had to get a tesco sim card, gave the guy in the shop the tesco number and had no problems at the vodafone shop, but im at home now and cant get the phone to work, any ideas what im doing wrong ? TIA

u have to insert vodafone SIM...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭Keithmc40

I have the vodafone sim in it

Does it matter that the tesco sim was never used ?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭barneyrub

barneyrub wrote: »
    So we've decided to get this and put away for child for Cmas. Last minute of course. Have someone keeping a voucher for us but is tomorrow the last day or is Tuesday? Where's best to get a free SIM from other network? Thanks
    Anyone know? Tia

It ends on the 15th

Keithmc40 wrote: »
    It ends on the 15th
    Thank you.

Where's best/easiest to get a free sim at this stage?

€2.50 sim in tesco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Think I will pick this up tomorrow have the voucher thought it wasn't up for another week. Have a tesco sim never used do the shop ring this and will I be able to just buy phone with no credit ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

I am also hoping to pick one up today, from what I've read on this thread so far the porting number doesn't need to be topped up beforehand and you don't need to buy credit in store.

The only problem I now have is whether the expiration date is today or yesterday as the t&cs on the Vodafone site state before 15th September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Completely sold out all over, can't get this phone anywhere. We went to three vodafone shops over the weekend, and couldn't get one, and they can't check other shops stock either.

Dundrum, Arklow and Gorey..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Completely sold out all over, can't get this phone anywhere. We went to three vodafone shops over the weekend, and couldn't get one, and they can't check other shops stock either.

Dundrum, Arklow and Gorey..
    How do you know you can't get this anywehre if you checked three stores and they can't check other stores stock.

Contradicting yourself there.

Just picked up one from the Kelco Vodafone in Letterkenny shopping centre. No stock problems there

Just wondering for those that got it did you need the other sim/ phone with you to port over. Husband Went into get it and was told had to have the other active phone with him to port it over.?

Yeah they rang the number to check it, only activated it with 48 an hour earlier :)

No credit purchase needed but if you top up by ;€20 by the 20th you get the same free and you can send it to someone else already on VF to use.

• Advertisement

Yeah they rang the number to check it, only activated it with 48 an hour earlier :)

No credit purchase needed but if you top up by ;€20 by the 20th you get the same free and you can send it to someone else already on VF to use.

She wouldn't ring it.... I had it here at home, insisted he come back with the phone later!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,416 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Just wondering for those that got it did you need the other sim/ phone with you to port over. Husband Went into get it and was told had to have the other active phone with him to port it over.?

I'd imagine you would need it, for all they know it could be someone elses number you are trying to port. Would be serious implications if they moved someone elses number over without their permission.

Ya I suppose. She could have rang it though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,416 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ya I suppose. She could have rang it though?

But that wouldn't verify the buyer having the phone number in their possession at the time of sale.

I could have told her when I answered the phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭flutered

i thought that the were going to add 20 euro credit on that date anyway, i was hoping to wait until then before using it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Sold out in Waterford today too raging wanted one for daughter for xmas.

Hopefully there will be other phone offers around.

flutered wrote: »
    i thought that the were going to add 20 euro credit on that date anyway, i was hoping to wait until then before using it

Yeah I'm just mentioning it again, my SIM came with 50c on it too lol :)

You have to top up by the 20th to get the free credit though.

Anyone else think the position of the volume controls are slighted annoying when using the unlock button? Maybe it's just being used to my two HTCs and them being at the top. I've ordered a case anyway so hopefully that will help solve the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

anyone got a voucher or know where to get one? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Danny2580 wrote: »
    anyone got a voucher or know where to get one? :confused:

Deal unfortunately ended today afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

I can't remember for certain, but wasn't the €20 credit to be applied on 20th September?

Anyone got theirs if so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭mikedoherty99

I can't remember for certain, but wasn't the €20 credit to be applied on 20th September?

Anyone got theirs if so?

Not here anyhow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

It says clearly in post #1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭mikedoherty99

snubbleste wrote: »

I can't see a mention of date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

"€20 free credit applied on 28th September when you top up by €20 before the 20th September "

• Advertisement

snubbleste wrote: »

Ah yes - very clearly. Cheers... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jokeman

Bonus received :) "Date Description Amount
    28/09/2015 Goodwill gesture applied € 20 "

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

jokeman wrote: »
    Bonus received :) "Date Description Amount
    28/09/2015 Goodwill gesture applied € 20 "

Yep, and it's a proper top-up so it's activated my top-up offer!

Hmmm... still no top-up applied to mine :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

My bonus credit hasn't arrived either. I spoke to customer care by web chat & on phone and both told me that the credit is a "store-specific offer" so it can only be applied by the original store. Apparently I need to go back to the store with some ID & it will be sorted. The store I used is miles away - very inconvenient.

OK, don't go back into the shop you bought the phone from - they can't do anything for you.
    I rang Customer Care again (while I was in the shop) and they applied the €20 top-up straight away, without hesitation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

I happened to be near the shop I bought it in and they sorted the issue out. A lot of hassle for €20.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Has anyone managed to unlock this & cost?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

snubbleste wrote:
    Has anyone managed to unlock this & cost?

same question!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement