Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

25% off airport parking at Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Pyrrhic

Can anybody recommend what parking service to use as there are so many to choose from?
    Dublin Airport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭biebiebie

For me personally either DAA or Quick Park whichever is the cheapest. They're the closest AFAIK.
    Then there's Bewley etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭bob11

Any valid codes for Quickpark and DAA for 2 weeks from 23rd July ?
    I tried WOOF and CINEMA , but both not working , showing full.

But without the codes, spaces are available ..

Thanks in advance .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭Wheeker

Wheeker wrote: »
    WOOF worked fine for me: 11 - 19/7/16 for €26 :)

Oh dear, doesn't sound promising :( the uncompacted gravel sounds like a pain. However what's the story with the bus? Website says it's 5 mins from Airport & they run every 5 mins, 24hrs. Sounds like they're not delivering that service from your experience?:confused:

Just an update having just used Quickpark:
    • Yes the uncompacted gravel is a pain as you have to carry your suitcase rather than pull it. Are the DAA carparks not the same?
    • The bus service was fine. However N.B. only noticed on the bus going out that there's a sign saying they do not pickup from Terminal 2 only Terminal 1. No mention on their website. Just meant a bit of a walk over to Terminal 1 Coach pickup (Zone 9). Don't know if DAA pickup from Terminal 2?
    • I think there is less luggage space on the Quickpark bus than the DAA bus. Both ways the luggage was all over the place- not enough space allocated.
    • Far prefer DAA's number plate recognition system as opposed to having to scan your online order printout with Quickpark. What woud happen if you lose your printout?
    • Overall experience not bad, but worth the €10 saving?... still not sure.....:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

bob11 wrote: »

Thanks in advance .

Not working for me either.
    It worked yesterday but I forgot to complete the booking.
    "He who hesitates..." :(

EDIT : Cinema works but not Woof. Make sure you have in caps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Wheeker wrote: »
    [*]Far prefer DAA's number plate recognition system as opposed to having to scan your online order printout with Quickpark. What woud happen if you lose your printout?
    [/LIST]

I never use a printout. I use the QR code from the email on my phone. Just expand the image and hold my phone to the scanner.

Thanks in advance .

Is this working for Quickpark or DAA ?
    It will not work for me for 2 weeks from the 23rd July :-(

Thanks in advance .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

mugsymugsy wrote:
    WOOF worked for me booking last week for the 26th July for just over 2 weeks. Think I paid 47 in quick park

Oh well didn't work for me. 85 euro for parking. Sickening!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Quikpark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

There's an ad on TodayFM the last couple of days for 25% off Quickpark until the end of July using promo code TODAYFM, it didn't mention exclusions, but I've tried a few dates for the Dublin Aiport car park and it doesn't seem to be working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Poochie05

ncmc wrote: »
    There's an ad on TodayFM the last couple of days for 25% off Quickpark until the end of July using promo code TODAYFM, it didn't mention exclusions, but I've tried a few dates for the Dublin Aiport car park and it doesn't seem to be working.

I thought it was Quickpark the first few times I heard it, but I think it is for Q Park http://www.q-park.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Poochie05 wrote: »
    I thought it was Quickpark the first few times I heard it, but I think it is for Q Park http://www.q-park.ie

Can't see any around Dublin airport.

Poochie05 wrote: »

Ah you're prob right, that would explain it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Can't see any around Dublin airport.

No there aren't, just clarifying for the poster who was thinking it was a code for Quickpark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Paddytheman

Just booked from 3 - 11 Aug, using code CINEMA reduced from $44 - $39, using WOOF reduced from $42 to $32. Same details for both booking but totally different quotes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Just booked from 3 - 11 Aug, using code CINEMA reduced from $44 - $39, using WOOF reduced from $42 to $32. Same details for both booking but totally different quotes.

same here for 23rd Sept - 1st Oct! booked with WOOF Code

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭opus

Nice one, worked as well for me just now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

I'm confused, are these codes for airport parking?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rf1980

Tried WOOF on the dublin airport parking website and doesn't work.

• Advertisement

the codes are for quickpark.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,650 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Marhay70 wrote: »
    +1 on this. I was in there two weeks ago and there were three cars clamped including a 152 Merc and a 142 Range Rover, they were both still there a week later. Have to admit I had a little chuckle of evil satisfaction at this, miserable fcukers probably bummed a ride on the free bus from Premier Inn too.

If they are there for a week the release fee may still be cheaper ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Marhay70

ted1 wrote: »
    If they are there for a week the release fee may still be cheaper ;)

€120 release fee. You could park in Quick park for a month for that, or you could take your money into B&Q and buy a cordless angle grinder+disc.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭you2008

both code work out more exp than DAA without code , totally waste of time :(

you2008 wrote: »

Quick park was €32 for me....DAA cheapest is €39...so not a totally waste of time

And the current free upgrade to "PREMIUM PARKING" to boot...

you2008 wrote: »

I just booked two weeks parking with Quickpark for €42 reduced from €55 with the promo code WOOF. Cheapest DAA was €45, not sure how the distance to the airport compares between the two, but feck it, €3 better in my pocket than the DAA's!
    And the current free upgrade to "PREMIUM PARKING" to boot...

I wasn't getting the option of the premium parking when using the promo code, I could have added to the full price booking for an extra €5 which I would have paid for the convenience, but isn't giving me the option of adding to the reduced price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I wouldn't use the premium service. Leaving my car with strangers, not having the keys, no thanks! It may save no time, you have to wait for the bus one way or another...

Also if take quickpark over daa red. Geographically further away by bus by a minute or two. But quickpark buses much more frequent. Quickpark the better of the two price and time wise in my opinion...

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

ncmc wrote: »
    I just booked two weeks parking with Quickpark for €42 reduced from €55 with the promo code WOOF. Cheapest DAA was €45, not sure how the distance to the airport compares between the two, but feck it, €3 better in my pocket than the DAA's!

I wasn't getting the option of the premium parking when using the promo code, I could have added to the full price booking for an extra €5 which I would have paid for the convenience, but isn't giving me the option of adding to the reduced price.

It is very quick on the shuttle, only 10 minutes to T1 & T2 and they are quite frequent, always find it handier getting off at exit 4 on the M50 if coming up northbound

Idbatterim wrote: »
    I wouldn't use the premium service. Leaving my car with strangers, not having the keys, no thanks! It may save no time, you have to wait for the bus one way or another...
    It wouldn't particularly bother me leaving my car and keys with them, I can't see anyone being too pushed about joyriding in a six year old Mondeo! I suppose you have to presume the keys and car is kept securely. I presume the premium parking is close to the bus stop, last time we used Quickpark, we were quite a distance away from the bus, with a lot of luggage and a child over rough gravel. I'd pay the extra fiver not to have that hike.

I emailed them about adding the premium parking after a booking and this is the reply I got, if anyone is interested in adding it after booking with the promo code:

If you want to upgrade your booking to the premium parking, you can pay extra €5 in the office beside barriers, so when you will be on the barrier, use your barcode to get in the car park, stop beside curb and come to the office, tell them you want pay extra €5 for Premium parking, and they will let you go to Premium parking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

One other thing that springs to mind. It's meant to be time saving. Is it though? When you show up is it literally get out of car and give your keys or are you waiting around for someone to come back from parking a car? Bloody great money spinner for them. But again no way something I'd bother with. Now if it it was short term in daa and you were hypothetically waiting ages to find a space, I would see value, but not in quickpark in my opinion... Also in terms of cars, you'd be surprised at people who have left them into garages for work and had large mileage run up on them. I'd be taking photo of mileage if leaving it there at least ...

Idbatterim wrote: »
    One other thing that springs to mind. It's meant to be time saving. Is it though? When you show up is it literally get out of car and give your keys or are you waiting around for someone to come back from parking a car? Bloody great money spinner for them. But again no way something I'd bother with. Now if it it was short term in daa and you were hypothetically waiting ages to find a space, I would see value, but not in quickpark in my opinion... Also in terms of cars, you'd be surprised at people who have left them into garages for work and had large mileage run up on them. I'd be taking photo of mileage if leaving it there at least ...
    From reading about it, I think you park right beside the office, throw your keys in there and they park it for you. Then on your return, your car is brought back to you at the office.

Ferris Beuller it ain't my friend.....

Tbh they were simply letting everyone use it free of charge as it wasn't booked, parking at the entrance as you arrive under the watch of the attendant in my eyes is better than in the arse end of a gravel pit where anyone can dent your car unseen.

Time wise I'd rather park immediately and grab the next bus as opposed to watching them zip past as you unpack the baby/pram etc etc. No biggie either way, not unlike paying priority for Ryanair only to be overtaken by the crowd when the queues are mismanaged in small foreign airports...

Ferris Beuller it ain't my friend.....

Tbh they were simply letting everyone use it free of charge as it wasn't booked, parking at the entrance as you arrive under the watch of the attendant in my eyes is better than in the arse end of a gravel pit where anyone can dent your car unseen.

Time wise I'd rather park immediately and grab the next bus as opposed to watching them zip past as you unpack the baby/pram etc etc. No biggie either way, not unlike paying priority for Ryanair only to be overtaken by the crowd when the queues are mismanaged in small foreign airports...

Ok so arrived back today and they have lost my keys, car/house/locker etc. Car key was a "zapper" and they've replaced it with a basic key, when I said I wasn't satisfied the supervisor on duty blamed me for leaving my house keys etc.

Regarding the car key "does it open and close the door and start the car" when I replied that indeed it does he stated that it is a suitable replacement so.....

Couldn't make this sh@te up....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,416 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ok so arrived back today and they have lost my keys, car/house/locker etc. Car key was a "zapper" and they've replaced it with a basic key, when I said I wasn't satisfied the supervisor on duty blamed me for leaving my house keys etc.

Regarding the car key "does it open and close the door and start the car" when I replied that indeed it does he stated that it is a suitable replacement so.....

I presume they are going to supply you with a proper key matching the one you lost? Is there any terms and conditions on the booking with the premium package, I cant find any?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

That's a pretty sh1ty experience, hope you get sorted

Well thats feckin shíté...you should put it on their facebnook page... I wont be using it now and i was all set to try it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,153 ✭✭✭dinneenp

does it open and close the door and start the car- lose your BMW...does a Lada get you from A to B, yes but not the same.
    That would be royally pis$ing off. I'd cost a replacement, tell me if they don't give you that amount that you'll complain to relevant people/department & post on social media (Tweet them, include their competition), Facebook etc. Threaten to call Joe Duffy, Today FM (Consumer champion slot Mon mornings.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,416 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What I would like to know also is how they got the key cut, they are not the owners of the car, your key was not present to make a copy of and standard practice should be for the locksmith to be shown the logbook and ID to confirm person requiring the key is the owner. Surely against all codes of practice for a locksmith to do this and the locksmith would now have access to your cars key data to at any stage rob it if they wished? I'd ask them who supplied the key so that you know this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Anyone recommend an Android app to find your car in the quickpark ? Spent an hour and a half searching when we arrived back last year....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭glen25

Anyone recommend an Android app to find your car in the quickpark ? Spent an hour and a half searching when we arrived back last year....

I always take a picture of the bay number that the car is parked at. Hasn't let me down yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

glen25 wrote:
    I always take a picture of the bay number that the car is parked at. Hasn't let me down yet!

Don't remember these in quick Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

Don't remember these in quick Park.

There's a number at the top of each row. Or all the bus shelters are numbered you could make note of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭BabySlam

Or always park in the same row....

http://lifehacker.com/5559030/use-go...-find-your-car

there also used to be an app call anchors away or something that would do the same thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

Does anyone have any current promo codes? I need to book a spot for a week from next weekend, any discount helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

MooShop wrote: »
    Does anyone have any current promo codes? I need to book a spot for a week from next weekend, any discount helps!

NOVA for Quickpark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭garbeth

WOOF works out cheaper for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

garbeth wrote: »
    WOOF works out cheaper for me

Perfect, thanks. Worked a treat, full price was €36, got it for €26 after the discount!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Any codes for daa parking folks

• Advertisement
Advertisement