Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voyager Endgame, some thoughts

Options
  • 09-08-2003 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

Just watching Endgame again last night and couple of things came to mind:

1. Admiral janeway destroyed the queen and many of the structures in unimatrix zero, does this mean the borg collective is no more? (unlikely)

2. Admiral janeway devised new technologies and strategies for fighting the Borg on her way home but because she tampered with the timeline those strategies and technologies haven't been developed!

3. they destroyed the transwarp hub, is the federation now safe from borg invasion or do the remaining 6 (?) hubs allow access to the same regions of space?

4. that armour technology is sweet :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

1. Admiral janeway destroyed the queen and many of the structures in unimatrix zero, does this mean the borg collective is no more? (unlikely)

Na but their a fuge load weaker now

2. Admiral janeway devised new technologies and strategies for fighting the Borg on her way home but because she tampered with the timeline those strategies and technologies haven't been developed!

Well no Admiral janeway would still know them though when she died the tatics died with her unless she uploaded them into the ships computers
    3. they destroyed the transwarp hub, is the federation now safe from borg invasion or do the remaining 6 (?) hubs allow access to the same regions of space?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe not sure
    4. that armour technology is sweet

So damn true the look on the queens face when voyager ativated the armour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

i doubt that it was the end of the borg collective as the queen was also killed in first contact. the borg queen can come back in different forms. The destruction of the transwarp hub only makes assimilating the galaxy a lot more difficult for the borg as they have to use their own transworp conduits to deploy their vessels. I was dissapointed in the end of endgame. it only shows voyager being led back to earth. we dont see what happens after they return.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

Originally posted by AngelofFire
    I was dissapointed in the end of endgame. it only shows voyager being led back to earth. we dont see what happens after they return.

It seemed inappropriate that they showed Voyager getting home in the first part of Endgame - the 'real' celebration would've been more rewarding. As it was, the ending was far too short...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

I think thay fudged over the end cause thay had a ship full of Maquis criminals and dident want to go in to the moral dilema as to what to do with them, make them heros or through them in Prison. That would have been a whole epp on its own. The Maquis having been disolved years before still dident change that fact that they were all tratitors to the federation! Im not sure how really they could have handeled that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by spooky donkey
    I think thay fudged over the end cause thay had a ship full of Maquis criminals and dident want to go in to the moral dilema as to what to do with them, make them heros or through them in Prison. That would have been a whole epp on its own. The Maquis having been disolved years before still dident change that fact that they were all tratitors to the federation! Im not sure how really they could have handeled that one!

it took me a while to get used to the ending and i still don't feel completely satisfied with it but i think they where just trying to do something different instead of wrapping all the loose ends up like other series of star trek have on ending and perhaps like it was also done in nemesis, voyagers goal was to get home, at the end of the episode it had gotten home seems a fitting enough time to end it i suppose.

For more information about voyager after its return to earth read The homecoming by Christie Golden and then the follow up The farther shore.

• Advertisement

i doubt that it was the end of the borg collective as the queen was also killed in first contact. the borg queen can come back in different forms

ya but it also destroyed the unamatrixs which houses Trillions of borg thats TRILLIONS of dead borg and they lost control of the ships "Sphear 867 can still hear me" kinda proves the borg lost it at the end

I cant see it being the end of the borg for some reason either, undoubtedly they'll come back stronger with some reason/excuse

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Of course the borg will be back. Treks favroite enemy!
    SUre they even brought them into Enterprise.

Star Trek 11: The search for Borg.

8472 are the best race out their WELL better than the borg

so i think they should be the new st enemys + they use politics so the storylines can be more thought full

They have been shown to be beatable also especially with voyagers knowledge now, they area cool enemy though i well remember the episode where you see them kicking the ass out of the borg

• Advertisement

Info on the nano tech was given to 8479 by Painway so seeming 8479 is very very smart and has a whole galaxy of their own to perfect anything they come up with i think 8479 could defend themselfs

THOUGH 8479 might be to massively over powering compeared to pritty much any race in the Star trek galaxy to be arsed with I mean crist 5 ships to destroy a planet i wish i had a weapion like that :D plus they have Millions of ships compeared to starfleets around 14,000 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Originally posted by spooky donkey

There is no record of the federation punishing the cardassians after the dominion war i doubt they would punish the maquis particularily as the had proved invaluable members of the voyager crew.

oh by jesus their punished the cardys lol

1.most of their space was taken
    2.Their not allowed a fleet
    3.their not allowed to upgrade their tech with out the fed knowing
    4.Their homeworld was taken over and most of the citys destroyed (not by the fed)

etc ;)

i don't think they punished them that much they won the war but they didn't completely decimate them and there helping them rebuild what more do they want they started the war in the first place.

if i controled the fed fleet i would of destroyed Cardy prime to rid the galaxy of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

I think the episode ended at that point because, despite the fact that they did spend seven years trying to get home, it really was about the ship and the crew, and we didn't need to see the touching reunions. It was enough to see them getting home. Or something. ;)
    Star Trek 11: The search for Borg.
    I can actually see this one happening... :)
    if i controled the fed fleet i would of destroyed Cardy prime to rid the galaxy of them
    Ah, no. The Cardassians did end up revolting against the Dominion, after all. Most of them can be good guys - it's just that the people in power are corrupt. Besides, the universe needs spoonheads.

Originally posted by bizmark

i have a funny feeling that wouldn't fit in with principles and morals etc. :)

:D it would with mine and their human for god sake their not really nice people lol .

I hope they make a new st movie but cant see it happening untill akiraprise is over :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭PaulMagrath

Just thought I'd throw in my own two cents....

Not a chance. The Hive mind will just activate a new queen, rebuild the structures, and get back to assilmilating!

Perhaps - if Admiral Janeway could devise them then Captain Janeway could too.

Yes. Transwarp hubs, as I understand it, create conduits, basically highly stable but very short-lasting wormholes. As they say, the shortest way to get from point A to point B is not a straight line, but to bring point B to point A. (ie bend space/time) And this is what a wormhole and, from what I can tell, a transwarp conduit does.
    4. that armour technology is sweet

Oh, yeah! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭John Player

wasnt it convient that voyager managed to come out of that transwarp conduit just outside earth, if the borg did have the technology to send ships directly to earth why didnt they just send like 20 cubes ages ago and assimilate the planet?

• Advertisement

the man makes a good point but at the end of the day its not like the borg couldn't assimilate earth by brute force if they wanted too. It just didn't seem to be there style for some reason, i'd say the queen made it personal

id say earth was never that important if it was they could of just sent 1000 cubes to take over the whole federasion

..........AND if they destroyed earth no more star trek lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭PaulMagrath

Have to agree with bizmark.

There was one reason and one reason ONLY why the Borg did not attack in force and that is because it would mean the end of the show.

Advertisement