Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

star trek games dead

Options
  • 15-07-2003 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭

well im pissed off

apeartly atavision has droped the st game makeing contract they have if no one picks it up NO MORE TREK GAME.S

well this isnt good new,s at all seem,s one more nail in the treky coffen :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

ah i'll say someone will pick it up, didn't the creation of the ST action figures change hands at some stage from possibly playmates to art asylum?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

not sure about that

do remember haveing a borg and picard action figure though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

hey interplay has been looking to reacquire the st license since activision pinched it off them.

wouldnt worry this license is hot property, someone will pick it up, i always thought activision hadnt a clue how to make an ST game anyways

We could see a return of the ST academy and klingon academy games WOO HOO, now they were Star Trek games

SHIN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Originally posted by bizmark
    apeartly atavision has droped the st game makeing contract they have if no one picks it up NO MORE TREK GAME.S

Where did ya hear that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Activision was the best thing to ever happen to Star Trek games.

I dont think id like to see interplay near the license again.. I always got the impression of a lack of effort from there games.

Starfleet Academy was average. Good ol heat.net :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

hey interplay has been looking to reacquire the st license since activision pinched it off them.

Yes, they're just behind Osama Bin Laden and the Queen of Spain in the bidding war for the Star Trek license.

Interplay won't be buying ANYTHING in a hurry, Titus (Interplay's parent company) is still selling off its assets at a rate of knots to try and pay its debts.

Activision isn't just dropping the license, they're suing Viacom for breach of contract. Activision's line is that Viacom has allowed Trek to become so rubbish that there's no point making games based on it any more, because the franchise isn't worth a damn. They want the money they paid for the license back in 1998 (when Voyager and DS9 were still running and there was hope that a non-crap Trek movie might possibly be made) to be handed back to them.

Full story: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?section_name=pub&aid=1869

i dont remember a crap movie being made

oooooooooooh maybe your talking about bad money makeing movie,s

anyway ativision made **** half finished game,s and are blameing it on viacom

+ i hear the wife of gene roddenbery is well pissed at how st is being made now (and she has a lot of pull) maybe those idoit writer,s and producers will be kicked out

crist it pains me to say it but with out major change where ****ed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

oooooooooooh maybe your talking about bad money makeing movie,s

No, I was thinking in terms of soul-crushingly awful movies actually. Although it does certainly follow that they did less at the box office than a documentary about the sex life of garden snails would.
    anyway ativision made **** half finished game,s and are blameing it on viacom

No, I think you'll find that they're blaming Viacom for the utter death of the Trek franchise. Which is fair enough really. Activision's games have sold badly (even the decent ones), but not as badly as the ratings for Trek TV shows have collapsed, or the box office take for Trek movies has collapsed...
    i hear the wife of gene roddenbery is well pissed at how st is being made now

Much like everyone who genuinely enjoys good science-fiction and is utterly depressed at seeing some of the highest budgets in the industry being pissed away on the muck that Trek has become, then - especially since there was a time (The Next Generation, to be precise) when it was one of the best SF shows on television.

deep space 9 was top class to

and i agree akiraprise is wortless ...... i wonder what the 3th year will be like

though till B and B are kicked out and shot star treks good name will be draged through the mud for a long time to come

AH WELL stargate sg1 and the stargate name is going well at lest we have one good sci fi left

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

Well only one season of stargate left then its going in a new direction with the spin off series, wont even be based around a military theam anymore.
    Tis a bad time to be a Trek/ Simpson fan seeing as how both the writing teams now suck.
    Oh and back to the point ST Armada is class( but the second one sucked).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

aw that is a balls when i just bought elite forces 2 but im sure someone else will take the contract surely
    :( a bad day

Advertisement