Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AW Early access Key

Options
  • 30-07-2015 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Is anyone interested in an AW Key.... I believe it just gives early access nothing more... AFAIK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

you still got one?
    xox

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭VikingG

Its yours..... will message you

PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Stiletto72

Yes please, if you still have one.

Sorry sent to Copeyhagen

• Advertisement

No problem, cheers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've two early access keys to giveaway. Those who get in now can get the Object 155 premium for free.

First two to request on thread get them. Standard rules of at least 50 posts and 6 months of membership to get them.

by the way I see that on the 24th and 25th they will be opening the doors to everyone to access (without early access key) to stress test the servers... so full release is not that far away

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Early access is still separate from PTS, and EA users get the free tank too. So there's still value in Early Access over PTS.

I'll take one if they are still available.

• Advertisement

Stiletto72 wrote: »
    I'll take one if they are still available.

Sent by PM.

Spear wrote: »
    Sent by PM.

Thanks Spear, I'll pick it up when I get home this evening.

Once you create an account aw.my.com, go to your profile page, and there'll be a field to enter the EA code.

Spear wrote: »
    Once you create an account aw.my.com, go to your profile page, and there'll be a field to enter the EA code.

Thanks Spear.
    I logged in and entered the code. I now have a message at the top of the My.com screen saying Installation file availability pending and a circular timer thing going round and round. It's been like that for a while so I'll try it again tomorrow.

Stiletto72 wrote: »
    Thanks Spear.
    I logged in and entered the code. I now have a message at the top of the My.com screen saying Installation file availability pending and a circular timer thing going round and round. It's been like that for a while so I'll try it again tomorrow.

That's okay, the last round of EA is done. In the Game Directory tab you'll have the PTS download entry too. The EA client will reopen for the last EA round 5.

Or my knowledge is out of date and the EA stage is over entirely.

OK, gotcha.
    Was there not a premium vehicle available with EA though and do you think it won't be available with PTS?

EA access should get you the object 155 premium at least.

https://aw.my.com/us/news/general/object-155-exclusive-reward

They don't mention any other requirements, so I'm optimistic about it, but I can't claim to be knowledgeable about the state of affairs of AW.

The community mod on their forums states no battle requirement:

http://aw.my.com/en/forum/showthread.php?27270-Object-155-%E2%80%93-An-Exclusive-Early-Access-Reward&p=396393&viewfull=1#post396393

early access ended sunday.

everyone can play the game today and tomorrow for 48hrs, servers up non stop - theyre doing a stress test on their servers, so no early access or antyhing required.

game is class, the pve aspect is amazing. they unlocked all the t8s and gave them to everyone on sunday for last day to test them... got to try the m1a1, t90, all the t8 tds etc.. fookin amazing.

its not gonna be a wot killer, but healthy competition and another tank game in my collection is very welcome. it has also caused wg to up their game massively, wg changing arty is the best thing to come from aw so far!!!

huge thanks again to vikingG for the key.

I caved and bought the founders pack with the 4 premiums, it seems pretty good value at least.

I'll give it a go at least. I doubt it'll take me away from WoT, some of the mechanisms in AW seem fairly artificial, even more so than WoT, e.g. extra damage for side/rear hits.

But it may complement WoT nicely, given the different timeframes and technologies.

• Advertisement

it also has some cool features, like hitting a cupola does reduced damage. makes sense.

as you said spear, its not gonna 100% take me away from wot, but nice to have both games to play, and i must sya, the lack of xvm type stats is perfect.

in wot, if i have a few drinks at home, i wont play wot cuz i am worried i will destroy my 1890 recent wn8.. sad but thats how brainwashed i am by xvm!!

A different statement now says that EA players need a minimum of 1 battle to get the object 155, so this is all for nothing:

http://aw.my.com/en/forum/showthread.php?28693-Free-Object-155-to-a-good-home&p=411311&viewfull=1#post411311

i think im gonna cave and buy the same pack you did...

so the original stetement had said everyone with an ea key would get the tank, now theyre saying you needed to play at least 1 game..

maybe its to stop people that had multiple keys selling the keys post launch as the tank could be good.

like selling accounts with a type 59

They did say the founders pack owners gets it too, but I reckon they'll give that to all owners given that they did pay money.

But I do think the pack is decent value overall so I took the plunge on it.

Stress test players can get the object 155 though:

http://aw.my.com/us/news/general/stress-test-reward-object-155

So we shouldn't lose out on it.

Advertisement