Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum name change thread

Options
  • 08-03-2015 10:43am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does this thread have to be moved to WOT board?
    It has nothing to do with WOT series,its like moving a COD thread to Battlefield.
    PC gaming seemed the obvious place for it.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Dcully wrote: »
    Does this thread have to be moved to WOT board?
    It has nothing to do with WOT series,its like moving a COD thread to Battlefield.
    PC gaming seemed the obvious place for it.
    From the charter:
    Welcome to the boards.ie World of Tanks forum currently covering World of Tanks- Airplanes and Battleships from Wargaming.net, Warthunder from Gaijin Entertainment and Armored Warefare from Obsidian. The primary focus of this forum is for the discussion from beta testing to in game playing to the latest patches and news for the above games.
    The only reason it's still called World of Tanks is because no more suitable name has been identified :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Maybe World of Tanks and War Thunder :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

World of ThunderTanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Rather than having discussion in other topics I thought it would make sense to have all the posts in one thread to make it easier :)

Here's a list of other potential names that's been suggested by the Games Mods:
    World of Tanks Genre
    World of Tanks Style Games
    World of Tanks and Similar
    WoT/WT/AW
    Armored World of Thunder Tank Warfare
    Military MMO's
    Military Combat MMO's

Wargaming/Gaijin Titles

Motorised War/Combat Games.

Perhaps it might even be moved out of MMO section?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

I really think a name-change is required. Unless one reads the charter, it is very easy to overlook the all-inclusiveness of the WoT forum and let's face it, who reads charters? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

PEW PEW PEW TANKS FORUM would be my offering.

Current runner up name's are:

Military MMO's or Military Combat MMO's as that will also allow the scope to be expanded to similar titles and genres as they come out / become relevant. Any hard feelings against such a name? :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,084 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

As I stated elsewhere, that one is both neutral and flexible and allows for expansion. I'd just prefer if there was some kind of industry standard genre name we could use, much in the same way that MOBAs have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Military MMO's would probably work.

or how about "x3 weekend = absolute pancake teams and weekend ruined"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Well neither are an mmo in the true meaning.
    Its just marketing jargon, both games are no more an mmo than battlefield or any fps is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

thats true, imagine huge open space 32v32 tank battles...

WoT/WT/AW would be my choice for a name change.

Nody wrote: »
    Current runner up name's are:

Military MMO's or Military Combat MMO's as that will also allow the scope to be expanded to similar titles and genres as they come out / become relevant. Any hard feelings against such a name? :)

That would work but what about Heroes And Generals, ARMA etc.? Will they be under the same heading?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,084 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Aenaes wrote: »
    That would work but what about Heroes And Generals, ARMA etc.? Will they be under the same heading?

I wouldn't count ARMA under that myself, but Heroes and Generals would.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Free to Play Combat games?

or

Free to Play milsim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

of those options " Military MMO's or Military combat MMO's would be my choice.

or maybe

Air , Land and Sea Combat Games
    or
    Vehicle Combat Games

or

As blitzkrieg said "Free to play combat games"

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Military MMO's is a bit generic

We need to have tank/AFV in the title

As you've probably noticed we have the forum name changed with the currently covered games in the subtitle to try to make it a tad less generic. May not be perfect and as always up for change if someone can think up something better :)

Should it not be MMOs, plural?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Shouldn't it just be Military Combat since it's embedded under Massively Multiplayer?

• Advertisement

R0ot wrote: »
    Shouldn't it just be Military Combat since it's embedded under Massively Multiplayer?
    Well I've requested the s to be added to imply it's covering more than one game (i.e. currently we have three games at least).

Advertisement