Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beyond all reason, Uwe Boll lines up another filmic abortion.

• 28-07-2005 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Dungeon Seige!

Who funds these things!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

He also has his hands on Far Cry, Fear Effect and Hunter: The Reckoning, and is in post production with Blood Rayne. I swear to Christ, this guy accidently subscribed to PC Gamer instead of Variety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Indeed, anyone who follows Uwe Boll's exploits is aware of those, but Dungeon Seige is next up on the chopping board.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

Dungeon seige the game had no plot anyway all it had was a ****ing donkey.

What will this be about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I wouldn't mind, but for someone of his ability he has managed to get a nearly half-decent cast together. He also seems to have found his acting counter-part in Brian J. White, who is "starring" in this, DOA: Dead or Alive and Tekken. I didn't even know there were movies of the last two announced...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

A Tekken film? Jesus christ, don't they realise that the peak of beat 'em up movie crossovers was reached with the release of Street Fighter: The Movie in 1994?

Bah. These cretins know nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What I don't get, is how he's hired, given his amazing resume of past wonders such as Alone in the Dark and House of the Dead?

I mean, honestly. One look at House of the Dead, a prime example of how a movie should NOT be made, and I wouldnt even entrust an add for toilet roll to him. Words cannot explain the puzzlement I feel when I view these movies, and realise that this man has a job in film making, and a good one at that, with more productions in the pipeline. How? HOW??

I've honestly seen MUCH better films from the B-movie section of Chartbusters.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

Can you believe that Ben Kingsley and Michael Madsen both "star" in Bloodrayne? Boy, they must have really enjoyed working together in "Species" and couldnt wait to hook up again. Theres also reports that this turd wont even get a video/DVD release now, never mind see a cinema screen! Therefore I put to you, is Uwe Boll on a secret mission to single-handedly DESTROY FILM ITSELF?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

i have got to see some movies by this dude. :D
    Anyone ever read his wiki entry? its bloody brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Dungeon Seige!

Who funds these things!?
    From wikipedia

While under normal circumstances a director's movies could gross so little he's eventually shut out from every operating studio, Boll is exempt because he funds them under a loophole in German tax law that is supported by contributors and actually rewards movies that perform badly, via a writeoff at the end of the year.

It's "The Producers" Only for real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

i think this site says it all
    http://www.uweboll.com/

been said already but needs to b shown again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Man, since House of the Dead I shudder whenever I hear the guy's name. I have no idea what Dungeon Siege is, but I'm gonna hazard a guess and say it will suck too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

luckily i didnt see house of the dead, BUT i did see alone in the dark......enough said

Advertisement