Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ScreenClick -v- BusyBeeDVD?

• 19-07-2005 3:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I want to sign up for membership to one of these sites but not sure which to go with. Does anyone have any feedback on the two of them please? Any help would be much appreciated!
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,242 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

BusyBee seems to be better value as you can get 2 DVD's each time for 20 euro but Screenclick only gives 1.
    I use Blockbuster and Lovefilm and they are very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 fatboy22

Left Screenclick to try Busybee. Big mistake

Joined the two at a time service. Account took 2 days to activate and is not automatic like every other web site. Received two movies and 3 weeks in one of my return envelopes seemed to get lost in the post. Busybee have NO phone number so i could only email. they said they did not receive my dvds and that they would not send another until they did. Screenclick always sent replacement DVDs after 48hrs and provide excellent phone support. After 1WEEK I received a call from busybee and they wanted to wait still to receive the DVDs. I was away with work for a week and when i got back still nothing. 3 WEEKS with no movies. 3 WEEKS!!!!!! sham of a service. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. Also an important point. screenclick charge 27.99 for 2 DVDs at a time but they send them seperately BUT BUSYBEE SEND THEM IN THE SAME ENVELOPE??. i.e with busy bee you cannot return one until you watch both and wait a week then to receive 2 more. I was getting 12-14 dvds a month with screenclick compared to 4-6 with the other shower............ even just check they partners each has and it tells a story. while i was with screenclick they ran promos with dixons, sony, eircom, cadburys... busybee emm...... no contest here. SCREENCLICK are the only genuine service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Thanks very much Fatboy, much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I used both for their two week trial
    both had pretty much the same service for me

turn-around was pretty much the same
    recieved two batches of films from both, would ahve had a 3rd batch, but I was away so wouldn't have been able to send it back

to be honest, no of them compared with xtra-vision in my opinion
    I use the pigsback vouchers during mid-week and it works out pretty cheap this way
    if I did want dvd at the weekend,, I'd return it before 6 for 2euro, and watch it later
    on my pc - but this doesn't suit everyone I know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 pokerireland

fatboy22 wrote:
    Left Screenclick to try Busybee. Big mistake

Joined the two at a time service. Account took 2 days to activate and is not automatic like every other web site. Received two movies and 3 weeks in one of my return envelopes seemed to get lost in the post. Busybee have NO phone number so i could only email. they said they did not receive my dvds and that they would not send another until they did. Screenclick always sent replacement DVDs after 48hrs and provide excellent phone support. After 1WEEK I received a call from busybee and they wanted to wait still to receive the DVDs. I was away with work for a week and when i got back still nothing. 3 WEEKS with no movies. 3 WEEKS!!!!!! sham of a service. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. Also an important point. screenclick charge 27.99 for 2 DVDs at a time but they send them seperately BUT BUSYBEE SEND THEM IN THE SAME ENVELOPE??. i.e with busy bee you cannot return one until you watch both and wait a week then to receive 2 more. I was getting 12-14 dvds a month with screenclick compared to 4-6 with the other shower............ even just check they partners each has and it tells a story. while i was with screenclick they ran promos with dixons, sony, eircom, cadburys... busybee emm...... no contest here. SCREENCLICK are the only genuine service

Are you sure you don't work for screenclick? 3 posts and already 2 on how screenclick is so much better than busybee!

either that or you're very aware of a companies promo campaigns

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 jim-bob

whats the story with these websites? are they legit? if so i like the sounds of it....could come in handy for the winter months...... :confused:

Advertisement