Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xtravison rentals without surround sound

Options
  • 25-07-2005 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I rented The Machinist from xtravision. Noticed there is only a 2 channel soundtrack and you get a load of crap trailers that you have to sit through at the start - well you can keep pressing the >>| button. But you can buy this same movie on websites and it has DD5.1 and DTS. I checked out the disk in my PC and it is a single layer. So I reckon to make the movie and trailers fit on a cheaper single layer disk they remove the surround track and reduce the bitrate which reduce picture quality. They are showing real contempt for the customer considering they charge 5.50 for 1 night.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭IANOC

yes this is a sad thing allright
    damn trailers who the f88k wants to see em

damn good film so didnt notice the audio too much but would have been nice in DTS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Thats retarded, how gay of them, you'd think they just buy rental licenced copies in, but they obviously get someone to copy the discs, and add all the trailers, €5.50 a night is terrible, 5.1 is after all, the best thing about movies! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

xstatic wrote:
    I rented The Machinist from xtravision. Noticed there is only a 2 channel soundtrack and you get a load of crap trailers that you have to sit through at the start - well you can keep pressing the >>| button. But you can buy this same movie on websites and it has DD5.1 and DTS. I checked out the disk in my PC and it is a single layer. So I reckon to make the movie and trailers fit on a cheaper single layer disk they remove the surround track and reduce the bitrate which reduce picture quality. They are showing real contempt for the customer considering they charge 5.50 for 1 night.
    Same here, when they had it exclusively I rented it as well and the sound was shocking, we were trying to sort it out for ages.

Advertisement