Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setanta Sports

Options
  • 13-12-2014 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello, wondering is it possible to get setanta sports without Sky. I have a Ferguson Ariva 250 combo and am wondering if it will work with this. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,861 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You can get it without being a Sky subscriber however you will need a Sky box and card though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Niall459

How can I get a Sky box and card without subscribing to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

you can buy a second hand sky box, ring setanta and they will send you a card, you may need the sky box before you ring setanta as they will ask for box serial number. but you will need the box number if you want to subscribe to setanta.

i dont know if the card would then work in the 250 I think it used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I got a card from Setanta .... a phone call enabled the card after receipt if I recall correctly.

It was used in an Ariva 120.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

I got a card from Setanta .... a phone call enabled the card after receipt if I recall correctly.

It was used in an Ariva 120.

does it give the normal sky epg when you insert it into the ariva or do you have to manually tune in the setanta stations? I thought it could not be used on the ariva except maybe for the BAI funded programming?

• Advertisement

does it give the normal sky epg when you insert it into the ariva or do you have to manually tune in the setanta stations? I thought it could not be used on the ariva except maybe for the BAI funded programming?

I only used it for BAI progs, but Setanta assured me there was no prob getting Setanta sports on the Ariva or any other STB with a card slot.

I only used it for BAI progs, but Setanta assured me there was no prob getting Setanta sports on the Ariva or any other STB with a card slot.
    Thats odd. I emailed them about 10 days ago and asked if the (Sky) card could be used in another box other than a Sky box as I was thinking of leaving Sky and they said "No", it had to be used in a Sky box.

Damn thing is that I deleted the email since. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,358 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

You are correct. Only limited BAI stuff available without the sky box. You cannot work the setanta subscription service without the sky box. Card is paired to the sky box, and cannot be used on another box. Ariva box can't do this pairing.

muffler wrote: »
    Thats odd. I emailed them about 10 days ago and asked if the (Sky) card could be used in another box other than a Sky box as I was thinking of leaving Sky and they said "No", it had to be used in a Sky box.

Damn thing is that I deleted the email since. :(

I was told the same thing initially - must use a 'Sky box' ...... but as I have not tried their Sports sub I cannot say if they gave me correct information or not.

BTW, they told me I had to use a 'Sky box' for the BAI channels too ..... but apparently that was a generic term they used for a Sat receiver!

I was told the same thing initially - must use a 'Sky box' ...... but as I have not tried their Sports sub I cannot say if they gave me correct information or not.

BTW, they told me I had to use a 'Sky box' for the BAI channels too ..... but apparently that was a generic term they used for a Sat receiver!
    Sorry, I should have said I have the sports sub with them and it was in that context that I was asking if I could use a box other than a Sky one.

• Advertisement

muffler wrote: »
    Sorry, I should have said I have the sports sub with them and it was in that context that I was asking if I could use a box other than a Sky one.

In your position I would try the card in an Ariva if possible.
    Also contact Setanta and tell them you are changing hardware and ask if you need to do anything special.
    Do so in writing (email) so you have a record of the conversation ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,732 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Is there anyway to watch Setanta on the go \ on the laptop?

This might be worth trying on a card in an Ariva

http://www.setanta.com/ie/one-euro-flat/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Trilla wrote: »
    Is there anyway to watch Setanta on the go \ on the laptop?

Not currently although they did mention a while back it is something they are planning to address.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Niall459

Will this work with any type Sky box or does it need to be a specific one?

Advertisement