Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Argos - Reservation Codes - Wanted/Available

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭crayon80

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Are people randomly reserving stock for the craic and then posting here about it?

I understand some will reserve something and decide later they don't want it, or pick it up elsewhere.

I reserved the JPG last week when I had no interest in the world in it because I knew someone here was bound to need that hard to get reservation. And they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Are people randomly reserving stock for the craic and then posting here about it?

I understand some will reserve something and decide later they don't want it, or pick it up elsewhere.

Yeah it seems to be the case that people are reserving items purely to post the code up here and get a pat on the back for it.
    There is a thread in the Feedback forum at the moment where people including myself are suggesting the argos reservation codes should be banned from Bargain Alerts to stop this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I have a ps4 with little big planet for €350 reserved in Ashbourne that I won't be able to get to, if anyone wants it, ends tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭crayon80

WittyName1 wrote: »
    Yeah it seems to be the case that people are reserving items purely to post the code up here and get a pat on the back for it.
    There is a thread in the Feedback forum at the moment where people including myself are suggesting the argos reservation codes should be banned from Bargain Alerts to stop this.

*sharp intake of breath*

No good deed goes unpunished eh? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,258 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

WittyName1 wrote: »

Why is this an issue as long as the codes are being offered for free?

Seems like a bit of an odd things to do, however I'd hate to see Argos codes banned from the forum because of it. Bit of an overreaction.

Anyone got a PS4 code in South Dublin? :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Any PS4 for €329 codes in Limerick? Preferably the white version!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Anybody have a black or white ps4 code for anywhere around Dublin by any chance? Would be much appreciated thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

JeaicMaG wrote: »
    Anybody have a black or white ps4 code for anywhere around Dublin by any chance? Would be much appreciated thanks :)
    PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Allyall wrote: »
    PM Sent

Thanks so much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kpn

Is anyone has ps4 game bundle reservation code(driveclub or littlebig planet 3, for 399euros] for any stores in and around dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 FlagNorFail

I have a black PS4 code for Wexford if someone would swap for Cork/Tralee/Limerick!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 halpinio

Anybody got a code for the ps4 for €329 anywhere in dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

Anyone got a Code for a PS4? Need one badly!☺Around the Dublin Area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Looking for PS4 code for Dublin too. €329

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Anyone have a PS4 code for Waterford by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 rreiter

Good morning folks! How's it going? Hope yous had a great Xmas and NY! I was wondering if any1 has a code going for a ps4 anywhere somewhere in the Dublin area? Yous've got no idea on how much you'd make a kid happy! Let me know please, could be white/black, it doesn't matter. Thanks a mil!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Similar request for a PS4 code, but in Galway this time, cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Got a code for Wexford but wont make it down there. So its up for grabs. A dublin code would be good in return if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

If anyone has a code for the light and dark element pack for skylanders trap team in clonmel it would be great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Anyone have a reservation code for Xbox One in the Dublin region?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭Maddylicious

Guys I have a reservation code for black ps4 @€;329.99 for pickup tonight before 7 from jervis. First to pm me gets code

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Guys I have a reservation code for black ps4 @€;329.99 for pickup tonight before 7 from jervis. First to pm me gets code

Pmed

Would massively appreciate this. Needed for a gift tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

rreiter wrote: »
    Good morning folks! How's it going? Hope yous had a great Xmas and NY! I was wondering if any1 has a code going for a ps4 anywhere somewhere in the Dublin area? Yous've got no idea on how much you'd make a kid happy! Let me know please, could be white/black, it doesn't matter. Thanks a mil!

You've been on here since 2010 and each of your three post have been requesting something. I'm sure like the rest of us you've did well out of Bargain Alerts. Maybe one day you'll post a bargain alert. Until then you can stay bottom of this list. Happy NY indeed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭Maddylicious

Code gone to ucd 1985

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

WIZWEB wrote: »
    You've been on here since 2010 and each of your three post have been requesting something. I'm sure like the rest of us you've did well out of Bargain Alerts. Maybe one day you'll post a bargain alert. Until then you can stay bottom of this list. Happy NY indeed :)

Do people have to reach certain criteria in order to obtain a code on this thread?

Stock updated there, I just got sorted for Cork, so have a spare code for a white PS4 reserved until Monday evening in the Ilac Centre in Dublin :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

Stock updated there, I just got sorted for Cork, so have a spare code for a white PS4 reserved until Monday evening in the Ilac Centre in Dublin :)

Ill have it Thanks

coolerboy wrote: »
    Ill have it Thanks
    PM'd it to you there

WIZWEB wrote: »
    Hi Mate, how's it going? I actually just came back to check on this post and let everyone know that I've got two working codes for Monaghan, was kind of surprised with the bitchiness tbh.
    Anyway If anyone is interested just PM me and I'll be happy to send a code! Safe to say you can stay bottom of this list. And no, I've barely used Bargain Alert. Happy NY WIZWEB :). xoxo

Price for both white and black consoles on the Argos website is now €379.99. Does anyone know where this leaves people with €329.99 reservations? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

Price for both white and black consoles on the Argos website is now €379.99. Does anyone know where this leaves people with €329.99 reservations? Thanks.

As long as you have the email showing €329.99 they will honour it. Have the email on your phone or bring a copy and go to the tills to purchase, not the automated consoles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

Anyone got code for the iPad air at 389 in limerick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Thanks for this update yesterday. Managed to get a Xbox one reserved in Dun Laoghaire last night. :D
    Website is still showing 349 for the Xbox One but when I went to collect the price had also gone up to 379. They still honoured the lower price once I had the mail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Does anybody have any reservation codes for the PS4 for 379.99 with LBP3, The Last of us and Minecraft in Limerick?

Just collected my PS4 in Cork so have two more spare €329 codes I had as back ups in Limerick

Black PS4 in Childers Road
    White PS4 in The Crescent

PM me an email address and I'll send the reservation that you can print out and take in in case there's hassle getting the price! (think I had 7 ps4's reserved all over the country trying to get this deal, delighted to get one in Cork in the end so hopefully someone else can benefit out of my enthusiasm 😄)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

7 reserved? you are what's wrong with the reservation system, wrecking it for people who want to actually buy the deals in their local store.

Just collected my PS4 in Cork so have two more spare €329 codes I had as back ups in Limerick

Black PS4 in Childers Road
    White PS4 in The Crescent

PM me an email address and I'll send the reservation that you can print out and take in in case there's hassle getting the price! (think I had 7 ps4's reserved all over the country trying to get this deal, delighted to get one in Cork in the end so hopefully someone else can benefit out of my enthusiasm 😄)

Pm sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I reserved over the phone... So I'm stuck at the new price then?

They are offering it for 379 on its own or for 399 with Last of Us, Mine craft and Little Big Planet 3.... So it's not that bad really

RossieMan wrote: »
    7 reserved? you are what's wrong with the reservation system, wrecking it for people who want to actually buy the deals in their local store.

One man's villain is another man's Saint!

I actually agree that it shouldn't have let me, but it did, and now I'm trying to get the codes away to people who need them. I've 4 given away and used already, with one gone to me.

• Advertisement

tony1980 wrote: »
    Does anybody have any reservation codes for the PS4 for 379.99 with LBP3, The Last of us and Minecraft in Limerick?

Sent you the code, I ended up with the PS4 and LBP3 for the €329 today!

Sent you the code, I ended up with the PS4 and LBP3 for the €329 today!

Thanks so much :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

One man's villain is another man's Saint!

I actually agree that it shouldn't have let me, but it did, and now I'm trying to get the codes away to people who need them. I've 4 given away and used already, with one gone to me.

But you said you had codes reserved all over the country? Why? What were you gonna do, drive across the country to pick one up or trade codes with boards members like a pack of pokemon cards?

But you said you had codes reserved all over the country? Why? What were you gonna do, drive across the country to pick one up or trade codes with boards members like a pack of pokemon cards?

I reserved in Dublin first because it was the only stores with stock and I was willing to drive up yesterday until Limerick stock became available, then last night by chance I got one in Cork, I couldn't undo the reservations i'd made, so I've been PM'ing people who have been on here looking. I don't make a habit of it, you'll notice I only started using boards again to give these away when I unexpectedly got sorted for Cork. Think what you will, you were on here lookin for a Limerick code that I'll happily give you.

I reserved in Dublin first because it was the only stores with stock and I was willing to drive up yesterday until Limerick stock became available, then last night by chance I got one in Cork, I couldn't undo the reservations i'd made, so I've been PM'ing people who have been on here looking. I don't make a habit of it, you'll notice I only started using boards again to give these away when I unexpectedly got sorted for Cork. Think what you will, you were on here lookin for a Limerick code that I'll happily give you.

Hey dude! Is your code for Dublin expired already?

I have a code for a white PS4 in blanchardstown that expires Wednesday evening if somebody needs it.

• Advertisement

Code gone in PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Anyone have any reservation codes for the PS4 for 379.99 with LBP3, The Last of us and Minecraft in Dublin or surrounding counties? Valid until tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Have reservation code for Hitachi 42 Inch Full HD Freeview HD Smart LED TV €329. Must be used in Blanch' today.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭zenith90

Anybody have a spare code for the MacBook?

Would be much appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Jane1012

Same, would love a MacBook code if anyone has it. Any store is fine!

I know it's a long shot

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement