Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rte1 hd

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭irishgeo

hatchman wrote: »
    What box have you for freesat and saorview ? I'm thinking of ditching sky for the same the HD quality isn't good on my sky box. I will miss the record function tho !

if you buy the a high quality freesat box you still can record.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭emmetlego

hatchman wrote: »
    What box have you for freesat and saorview ? I'm thinking of ditching sky for the same the HD quality isn't good on my sky box. I will miss the record function tho !

To be honest, I can't think of the full name of it!!! But I bought if from a satellite tv shop in Fairview, Dublin. He gave me great advice on what my needs were, and he gave me a demo of a few boxes. All of which, had much better HD than my sky box had. He said the quality of Sky HD was less than 720p (I think) and that all the boxes he sold were 1080p (again, I think!!)

I think my box is an Amiko and it has a record facility built in. It was less than 250 euro if I recall.

I've been under the weather lately, so have been bed ridden a fair bit, hence the lack of clarity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

emmetlego wrote: »
    He said the quality of Sky HD was less than 720p (I think) and that all the boxes he sold were 1080p (again, I think!

There are no transmissions in 1080P..less than 720P so 480P which is SD..

Think he was having you on there...

pegasus1 wrote: »
    There are no transmissions in 1080P..less than 720P so 480P which is SD..

Think he was having you on there...

Whatever it was... Can't remember clearly (which is why I said "I think")

All I can say, is that the HD quality is far superior than the sky box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

Whatever it was... Can't remember clearly (which is why I said "I think")

All I can say, is that the HD quality is far superior than the sky box.

Were all the boxes on the same tv, in the same hdmi port with the tv on the same screen settings??

• Advertisement

The very same. Simply unplugged the sky box, threw it in the bin, and added new box, to same port. Instantly a better picture... And it wasn't the Sky box being faulty, as I had changed sky box about 3/4 years ago for a HDD fault, and there was no change to quality on that change over. This was instantly obviously a huge picture upgrade on the HD channels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

The very same. Simply unplugged the sky box, threw it in the bin, and added new box, to same port. Instantly a better picture... And it wasn't the Sky box being faulty, as I had changed sky box about 3/4 years ago for a HDD fault, and there was no change to quality on that change over. This was instantly obviously a huge picture upgrade on the HD channels.

Scart methinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭satelliteman20

the alien 2 with its sh4 chip is known to have one of the best hd and sd pics of any box including most broadcom e2 boxes which cost much more such as the tm 3t or vu + and comparing it to a sky hd box it has a sharper more vibrant hd picture with more detail

Scart methinks

Do you really think I'm that simple?

the alien 2 with its sh4 chip is known to have one of the best hd and sd pics of any box including most broadcom e2 boxes which cost much more such as the tm 3t or vu + and comparing it to a sky hd box it has a sharper more vibrant hd picture with more detail

Layman's terms please? :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Do you really think I'm that simple?

Had to ask. I've had phone calls about tv's not working, when I asked was it on I was told "of course it's on, I can see the red light"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Is there anyway to tune rte 1 hd through the sky hd other channels?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,301 ✭✭✭✭muffler

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Nope, not that Im aware of anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

ussjtrunks wrote: »

No.

Advertisement