Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02 coverage

Options
  • 28-12-2011 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi, am just wondering if anyone else is having 02 network problems, I lost coverage yesterday evening at Burt and have had no service since then. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭martyeds

I had no network for most of yesterday and i noticed that i received 5 text messages last night at near midnight which were sent around 7 and 8 o clock.
    Everything ok in relation to calls today so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bligh

Yeah O2 saying they have issues with their network in Donegal and Roscommon, which is odd because some of my mates have coverage in letterkenny with 02 but none of them use an iPhone, anyone else with an iphone having problems with 02 coverage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I had perfect coverage with O2 (mostly been around the Burt / Newtown areas) Then today I bought a new android phone and seemed to be getting little / no signal... very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Very bad this last two weeks with my O2 mobile BB, signal and speeds have been grand when its working but it constantly getting no signal, not even edge.
    I have landline ordered, so it hasnt bothered me enought to find out what the problem is.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bligh

Well after all my wondering about 02 coverage all I needed was a new Sim card, the 02 people say that the 3G network problems shouldn't have stopped me getting phone calls or texts, so thanks for the replies all the best to everyone in 2012.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Ive used the O2 broadband "dongle" (hate that word) for the last year around Donegal Town with no problems but it has got a bit unreliable over the last two weeks with patchy signals. Very irritating.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Possibly an influx of people getting laptops and O2 dongles for Christmas, causing congestion on a network not really designed for the added userbase.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭niceoneted

Anyone able to tell me off hand what 02 coverage is like in North Kildare / South Meath are please - and in particular Enfield.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 45,861 ✭✭✭✭muffler

niceoneted wrote: »
    Anyone able to tell me off hand what 02 coverage is like in North Kildare / South Meath are please - and in particular Enfield.

Thanks
    Excellent question. I thought no one would ever ask but sadly the answer is its terrible down there or at least it was the last time I heard about it and that was about 10 years ago.

Maybe try the Kildare forum :)

Advertisement