Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto G 5" ( 2nd Gen ) £114.95 delivered

Options
  • 18-12-2014 2:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭

Best Price I've seen by a long way for Moto G 5" .
    Use code PRICELES5 to get £5 off if paying with a Mastercard.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

The 5" is kind of 1st gen though isn't it? As in not 4G. Also the lack of an SD slot makes the 4G 8gb the more appealing for me for a few dollars more.

Good price though alright.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

It has a SD slot...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Ah good stuff. Was a big no-no for me on the other 5" model. There's so many variations of these now it's a bit hard to keep track :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭Johny_cash

these phones suck anyway, i mean who the hell has less than 8gb on the phone? who i ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭bromley52

Johny_cash wrote: »
    these phones suck anyway, i mean who the hell has less than 8gb on the phone? who i ask?

My dad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Johny_cash wrote: »
    Look at the price again. Plus it has an SD card slot.

Amazing price for an already very well priced phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

Thanks OP - I had ordered this phone some weeks ago for £145, and having contacted Amazon, they've refunded me the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭patq16

animaal wrote: »
    Thanks OP - I had ordered this phone some weeks ago for £145, and having contacted Amazon, they've refunded me the difference.
    I bought mine yesterday at £129.. AAgghhh:mad: ..Where or who did u contact to get refunded the difference? There might be a happy ending after all;).

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭patq16

patq16 wrote: »
    I bought mine yesterday at £129.. AAgghhh:mad: ..Where or who did u contact to get refunded the difference? There might be a happy ending after all;).

Thanks Op. Result** Emailed support about the price drop and got my £10 refund. The email states that the refund is a once off exception for me and it goes against their policies but they want to keep all their customers happy.
    They have one happy customers anyway and thanks to the Op for the heads up on the refund:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

Ordered the 4.5 version on Amazon and it arrived last week but it's faulty , seems to have a mind of its own ringing numbers , deleting things etc ... Anyone know where sells these in Ireland so I can get a replacement .. Need to send this one back to Amazon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

innthe wrote: »
    Best Price I've seen by a long way for Moto G 5" .
    Use code PRICELES5 to get £5 off if paying with a Mastercard.

Code doesnt seem to be working?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Thewife wrote: »
    Ordered the 4.5 version on Amazon and it arrived last week but it's faulty , seems to have a mind of its own ringing numbers , deleting things etc ... Anyone know where sells these in Ireland so I can get a replacement .. Need to send this one back to Amazon

Argos have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭MichealKenny

Also got a £20 refund of the difference from Amazon, citing this thread in the live chat seemed to help.

This is why I buy exclusively from Amazon when available.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Prices seem to have gone back up to >£150... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

peckerhead wrote: »
    Prices seem to have gone back up to >£150... :(

164.99 in argos if thats any use and if they have stock near you http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2583367/Trail/searchtext>MOTO+G.htm

For what it's worth I've had both the 4.5 and the 5'' versions. Prefer the 5 but the battery life on the smaller phone was better by about 2 days.

Cheers, but the stock situation ain't looking good... I'll have to keep checking at midnight each night in the hope that an uncollected reservation pops back up.

It's odd (but kind of gratifying) to see my "old" 16GB model still priced at €219.95.
    I wonder if the lack of stock of the newer model isn't just Argos's way of making sure they shift all their old 2013 stock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

calex71 wrote: »
    164.99 in argos if thats any use and if they have stock near you http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2583367/Trail/searchtext>MOTO+G.htm

For what it's worth I've had both the 4.5 and the 5'' versions. Prefer the 5 but the battery life on the smaller phone was better by about 2 days.

Does that mean 5" lasts 1 day and 4.5" 3 days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I have a reservation for a moto g (the 165 priced one) in Argos for Tralee. I no longer need to buy one so if anyone wants it, pm me! Must be collected today or tomorrow.

Amazon price back down to £119.95 now; £122.95 with Irish VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I've a reservation code for Argos Liffey Valley which expires @ 10pm today. It's €164.95.

PM me if you want it.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2583367/Trail/searchtext%3EMOTO+G.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

beauf wrote: »
    Does that mean 5" lasts 1 day and 4.5" 3 days

That must be with VERY light use, have had the original 4.5 around a year and its only a day at best for me on medium use, maybe a day and a half when new

Advertisement