Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

triax tsc114

Options
  • 11-12-2014 5:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Do I need external hard drive to record with the triax tsc114. I am trying to record with 16 memory stick but its not working right

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Memory sticks aint the best to use. If you use a mains powered external HD it should work.....also dont forget to format it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

obezyana wrote: »
    Memory sticks aint the best to use. If you use a mains powered external HD it should work.....also dont forget to format it.

With a external powered HD connected by USB to a Triax tsc114, is it better not to leave the hard drive powered on all the time?

Could the hard drive be damaged over time if it is left plugged in all the time?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

odckdo wrote: »
    Could the hard drive be damaged over time if it is left plugged in all the time?

Cheers.

I have 3 different external hard drives that are on constantly and never had problems with them. I have them 5, 4 and 2 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

odckdo wrote: »
    With a external powered HD connected by USB to a Triax tsc114, is it better not to leave the hard drive powered on all the time?

Cheers.

Sorry for the delayed reply i haven't been online, Yeah it can be OK or you could be unlucky and it might fail. Some would argue that the constant start up/shut down isn't good for the drive others so to them maybe its best to leave on. I personally don't like leaving the HD constantly running but as said above it may not do any harm at all. Get a reputable make as any cheap crap is bound to fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

Is it OK to leave a USB stick for recording plugged into the back of the TSC114 all the time? Or is there any chance that it might get damaged say like an external hard drive might in certain cases?

• Advertisement
Advertisement