Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuborg cheap pints

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,847 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

oblivious wrote: »
    There is alot of Euro lager crap, but there the are still a few that are a thing of beauty such as Augustiner
    indeed, "watery crap" its isnt and slating all lagers as being the same as budweiser is just ignorant.

Along with Augustiner, theres plenty of other non watery brews about the place like Tegernseer, Chiemseer or even going down the avenue of proper pilsner like Rothaus or the better beers from Czech republic. And thats without going into unfiltered lager beers.

I'll admit that I steered away from the lagers there for a while in favour of weissbiers and unfiltered keller beers (in order to preserve the stash of Belgian beer if anything) but in the summer there's nothing like a cool (not frozen) bottle of decent lager beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

miece16 wrote: »
    generally its €4.80 for a pint of bud in kilkenny

i've had €2.50 fosters in carlow and my god that stuff was hard to get down. would rather spend the extra €2 and get a decent pint

are there many pubs in Kilkenny doing pints for €4

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

miece16 wrote: »
    i've had €2.50 fosters in carlow and my god that stuff was hard to get down. would rather spend the extra €2 and get a decent pint

Was this in Tully's? I believe I have also availed of said €2.50 pints in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Tastes like any other lager in the whole world, ie bloody awful, watery piss.
    indeed, "watery crap" its isnt and slating all lagers as being the same as budweiser is just ignorant.
    I am wondering how many pints of "bloody awful watey piss" were purchased and suffered through, before he could form an opinon on all of them "in the whole world". If I hated my first that much I am not sure I would have even tried another brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Ravelleman wrote: »
    Was this in Tully's? I believe I have also availed of said €2.50 pints in the past.
    I think they've turned into rip-off merchants and are charging €2.70 now....
    Off topic: I hadn't been in there for years, and popped in last Saturday afternoon. They've 5 craft beers on tap (€4 on Fridays), and more on bottle.
    Nicely surprised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

In Denmark Tuborg is absolutely all over the place, they also make soft drinks. It's also massive in eastern europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

It's a good beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Along with Augustiner, theres plenty of other non watery brews about the place like Tegernseer, Chiemseer or even going down the avenue of proper pilsner like Rothaus or the better beers from Czech republic. And thats without going into unfiltered lager beers.

I'll admit that I steered away from the lagers there for a while in favour of weissbiers and unfiltered keller beers (in order to preserve the stash of Belgian beer if anything) but in the summer there's nothing like a cool (not frozen) bottle of decent lager beer.

Don't forget Radeberger!

Lager is class when it's done right, I don't understand the hate at all

Advertisement