Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw 21/07/14 *Spoilers which include Battleground PPV Results*

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Be a hard job Cena is in new york filming a new flick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

WE ARE THE NATION

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I thought RAW was soo bad that it was actually good this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

mxph3 wrote: »
    I thought RAW was soo bad that it was actually good this week.

Would struggle to call Raw good this week. It had Brock, that was good. Very little else that excited for Summerslam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

A real sense of deja vu here ever since I stopped watching RAW live.

Wake up.
    Eat.
    Check Boards.
    Read 3 pages of whining about how terrible RAW was.
    Rinse. Repeat.

:pac:

WE ARE THE NATION

A revival of that would be great, but unfortunately it's just Jobbers United :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ignoring the lows...

The Steph arrest was awesome. Commentators shutting up sold it brilliantly and the crowd ate it up. As an angle, it was brilliant.

As predictable as Brock returning was, the Heyman promo was great.

Ziggler vs Miz was really good.

Nation 2014 gives three guys who should have something to do...something to do. Be interesting to se how serious it gets taken, or if it's 3MB again. A heel turn for Kofi especially could be career revitalising though.

Ryder got an entrance, won a match and got to dance with Summer and Layla....going to predict he gets released today for the lulz....

AJ beat down was impressive and looked vicious.

Orton vs Reigns is a good idea for Summerslam. A win for Reigns will do him well.

Rusev impresses me more and more each week; actually selling a match from the night before in a previous feud? What is this madness?!?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ignoring the lows...

The Steph arrest was awesome. Commentators shutting up sold it brilliantly and the crowd ate it up. As an angle, it was brilliant.

Nation 2014 gives three guys who should have something to do...something to do. Be interesting to se how serious it gets taken, or if it's 3MB again. A heel turn for Kofi especially could be career revitalising though.

Ryder got an entrance, won a match and got to dance with Summer and Layla....going to predict he gets released today for the lulz....

Orton vs Reigns is a good idea for Summerslam. A win for Reigns will do him well.

Rusev impresses me more and more each week; actually selling a match from the night before in a previous feud? What is this madness?!?

What happened to the HHH idea though?

CSF wrote: »
    What happened to the HHH idea though?

Would guess they realised they can drag that on. Presumably it will be Reigns vs Orton with Hunter in his corner, since there is no reason for him to be involved in the Cena vs Brock story. Have Reigns beat Orton and then Hunter realised he needs to fight Reigns himself at SvS or something....

Reigns won't be back near the title picture for a while now, I guess. At best, he might get fed to Brock round Rumble time....

Would guess they realised they can drag that on. Presumably it will be Reigns vs Orton with Hunter in his corner, since there is no reason for him to be involved in the Cena vs Brock story. Have Reigns beat Orton and then Hunter realised he needs to fight Reigns himself at SvS or something....

Reigns won't be back near the title picture for a while now, I guess. At best, he might get fed to Brock round Rumble time....

Reigns a cert to win the Rumble IMO.

• Advertisement

Like Bryan was last year? :P

Have to say those 5 minutes beating up AJ have done more for Paige then the last 4 months have.

Ambrose and Cesaro had a very good match imo. Ziggler and Miz was good too.

Fairly typical RAW, bad points and good points. Heyman promo was fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Like Bryan was last year? :P

this point last year it was punk who was odds on win the rumble :D

16getsp.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Mixed bag with Raw but overall a decent show. Id say people watching it live hate it more because of so man ad breaks which interrupts the flow considerably.

Ziggler and Miz came off stronger from there match. Say it will lead to a Summerslam match with Miz retaining.

Good to see Ryder gets TV time, and a win. Hes a guy who deserves to be used in some way.

Perfect use of Khali and kudos to Rusev for selling the injury well from the night before, though hope they aren't dropping the swagger angle already. I suspect hes selling the beat down he got at Battleground.

Pity Cena couldnt be there himself, would have been better if he was, even though Heyman was on form the segment would of looked better if Cena was at least present.

AJ Lees return has given Paige some personality, hopefully this feud can keep going for a while.

I was hoping for Slater to attack Flo Rida after his performance...oh well.

Ambrose and Cesaro was good and hes been booked great so far. More please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

andyman wrote: »
    I was thinking this myself and why nothing was made of the fact that Steph struck a spectator.

Great little twist that. Never thought I'd be interested in anything The Bellas did.

I'm beyond caring about anything involving Stephanie.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ignoring the lows...

I'm quite interested in that. It's kinda hard to imagine him as a heel, so I'm curious as to how it'd go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Angron wrote: »
    I'm quite interested in that. It's kinda hard to imagine him as a heel, so I'm curious as to how it'd go.

I guess he'd start being really really aggressive. I think it would be a new and fresh way of pushing a heel....... oh wait. ......

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I guess he'd start being really really aggressive. I think it would be a new and fresh way of pushing a heel....... oh wait. ......
    Perhaps we'll be seeing the Kofi Kingston wheel of aggression.

Angron wrote: »
    Perhaps we'll be seeing the Kofi Kingston cartwheel of aggression.

FYP :pac:

• Advertisement

Somebody had to replace 3MB.

Should call them Kofi Kingston and the Wailers.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Somebody had to replace 3MB.

Should call them Kofi Kingston and the Wailers.

tumblr_inline_mqilw9U01S1qz4rgp.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    I'm beyond caring about anything involving Stephanie.

She's the most consistently entertaining character in wrestling at the moment.

Palo Alto wrote: »

Shes a better heel than most of the heel locker room

Bo Dallas laughs at this suggestion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

WATCH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,284 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Strickland has a present for Stardust

tumblr_kxixi6OgXJ1qzhiqw

Zack Ryder and Heath Slater on Raw? Very unusual. And then throw in Joey Mercury.

At last we got Paige's heel turn. I'm sure they'll face each other at Summerfest.

I was thinking that Steph assaulted Brie. Didn't something similar happen Flair?

Cesaro getting backstage segment with HHH means he's not in the doghouse after all? Maybe they just wanted Heyman freed up to work with Brock.

So after the commentators saying Wyatts attacked Jericho, the Wyatts saying they attacked Jericho and showing footage of the attack, Truth still asks Jericho what happened? He really needs the app.

Speaking of Truth, why wasn't he invited to join the Nation? Think he'll now be a guy who goes against them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

How annoying were the 'What' chants during Xavier Woods' bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

beakerjoe wrote: »
    tumblr_inline_mqilw9U01S1qz4rgp.gif

Sorry a bit off topic, but who is this, she looks familiar, is it the chic from Sucker Punch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,339 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

rovert wrote: »
    WATCH

I love dean ambrose. He's so good as he makes me believe what he is saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

The crowd really wernt into Florida

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Strickland has a present for Stardust

Zack Ryder and Heath Slater on Raw? Very unusual. And then throw in Joey Mercury.

At last we got Paige's heel turn. I'm sure they'll face each other at Summerfest.

I was thinking that Steph assaulted Brie. Didn't something similar happen Flair?

Cesaro getting backstage segment with HHH means he's not in the doghouse after all? Maybe they just wanted Heyman freed up to work with Brock.

So after the commentators saying Wyatts attacked Jericho, the Wyatts saying they attacked Jericho and showing footage of the attack, Truth still asks Jericho what happened? He really needs the app.

Speaking of Truth, why wasn't he invited to join the Nation? Think he'll now be a guy who goes against them.

<MOD EDIT>: Do not insult other users.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,498 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kolido wrote: »
    Sorry a bit off topic, but who is this, she looks familiar, is it the chic from Sucker Punch?

Looks like Quinn from Glee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Thought it was pretty funny myself.

"Let me hear ya scream!"

-silence-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Zack Ryder won on raw? Is this 2011?

Also, i love that there was zero heat on Lesnar. The crowd cannot wait for Cenas beatdown at SS.

<Mod Edit: Insult>

Yep. Can barely live with myself, I'm so embarrassed. Even though I have no idea what you're talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

not the first time either, crowd were dead for him at WM28 too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

The fact that Paige got some character development was awesome (even if the bits leading to the turn were awful, i.e her friendship with AJ) she has badly needed something like that since well since she debuted though tbh I'm not sure if it would work against another Diva as even though AJ wasn't a face before their interaction she is the only other decent in ring Diva the fans give 2 Sh!ts about.

Brock showing up is always great and I did enjoy Heymans promo although i'd imagine most wanted him to appear by absolutely destroying someone in the ring. In fact I'd say this was the only way The Champ was missed tonight.

The Brie / Steph payoff may not be great as I dont know how great a match between those 2 will be but I do want to see Steph have the occasional match as nobody seems to be as good a heel as her these days (especially not on the female roster) and their segment tonight was very good.

Not sure what to make of the Kofi, Big E, Xavier Woods angle but I do think Woods could work as a manager in such a role... wasn't working as a bland wrestler anyway.

Looks like HHH vs Reigns is on the backburner and it'l be Roman vs Orton at SS instead which makes sense to be honest

Dolph and Ryder winning, whats going on here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

For Brock, I'll be very surprised if he shows up next week. Fully expect Cena to respond then the week after Lesnar kills him. The go home show Cena gets a bit of payback then into the PPV. I'm looking forward to the match, but not the feud.

So when can we expect Brock to end the Streak?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,498 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

She deserves better to work with than awful Brie, she cant act at all

If Steph Vs. Brie happens at SS I can see Nikki interfering perhaps costing Brie the match and thus turning heel

• Advertisement

It seems like they found out they can use "b!tch" on PG tv so are doing it. Reminds me of the Night of a thousand sh!ts on South Park

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

CastorTroy wrote: »
    It seems like they found out they can use "b!tch" on PG tv so are doing it. Reminds me of the Night of a thousand sh!ts on South Park

"PG" is less restrictive than most people assume is all I know. I will be that bore who points out Smackdown has been PG since 2001. There was a point where Linda was running for Senate when the TV show was rated PG but they made the effort to be "G" even lower rating - suitable for all. The Irish "Universal" classification back in the day.

Meltzer reported ages ago that the current philosophy is the push the boundaries as much as possible (when it makes sense to do so) until there is a push back by the TV Network or significant 3rd party.

It just reminded me of an episode of Dawson's Creek (Yeah I used to watch on occasion) where Jen said "sh!t", her gran said her name, kinda giving out to which she just replied "they can even say it on PG rated shows now"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

rovert wrote: »
    "PG" is less restrictive than most people assume is all I know. I will be that bore who points out Smackdown has been PG since 2001.

And Smackdown during the Ruthless Aggression era was imo better than the Attitude Era.
    Shows that it's more about the standard of writing/booking that has dragged down the product in recent years.

Advertisement