Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OFCH Not Working

• 06-01-2014 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Not sure what the problem is. When heat is called for the boiler (firebird with riel lo rdb burner) comes on and burner ignites. After maybe 5 or 6 mins it shuts off and can't be restarted via reset on boiler stat until boiler has cooled. The pump from boiler which is in the garage to the house seems to be whirring away happily enough. System link manifold isn't getting warm. We had a similar issue last year and water needed to be added to bring up the pressure. It seemed low when cold this time (about 0.2 bar) so I added water and brought it upto nearly 1 bar. Made no difference. Next I checked photocell which was fairly sooty. Cleaned the photocell as it wasn't visible. This kept the boiler on for longer but eventually went off and couldn't be restarted until it had cooled. Any ideas?
    Forgot to mention, the 3 pumps attached to the manifold are also working fine.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭Froststop

Not sure what the problem is. When heat is called for the boiler (firebird with riel lo rdb burner) comes on and burner ignites. After maybe 5 or 6 mins it shuts off and can't be restarted via reset on boiler stat until boiler has cooled. The pump from boiler which is in the garage to the house seems to be whirring away happily enough. System link manifold isn't getting warm. We had a similar issue last year and water needed to be added to bring up the pressure. It seemed low when cold this time (about 0.2 bar) so I added water and brought it upto nearly 1 bar. Made no difference. Next I checked photocell which was fairly sooty. Cleaned the photocell as it wasn't visible. This kept the boiler on for longer but eventually went off and couldn't be restarted until it had cooled. Any ideas?
    Forgot to mention, the 3 pumps attached to the manifold are also working fine.

Is the top of the boiler air locked? It could be cutting out on the high limit stat. If your pressure had dropped it may have air trapped. have you an auto air vent on the top of boiler or on the flow pipe?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bikerboy_ie

I know there's an auto vent on top of the system link manifold. Not sure about the boiler though. I'll check it out and see. i did notice a bit of gurgling coming from the boiler yesterday so maybe it is air locked.

I know there's an auto vent on top of the system link manifold. Not sure about the boiler though. I'll check it out and see. i did notice a bit of gurgling coming from the boiler yesterday so maybe it is air locked.

I'd be surprised if it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bikerboy_ie

Just checked there. Can't find any signs of a vent or auto vent on or around the boiler. There's an over pressure blow off valve alright but no vent

Just checked there. Can't find any signs of a vent or auto vent on or around the boiler. There's an over pressure blow off valve alright but no vent

Thats your problem, if the system is cold twist the safety valve head, it only turns one way, keep turning until you hear it snap or click, see if you get air or water. If you get air keep doing it until you get water.

If this is the cast it will sort you until you can get a vent fitted. If you run out of pressure, top it up a bit. When finished set pressure to 1-1.5 bar.

• Advertisement
Advertisement