Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BWE: You Book IT!...Discussion thread - Writers needed!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I am happy to let you decide what you want. I have a show planned out and I can type it up and get it up within a half hour

that sounds more advanced than me so go for it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Okay its up.

Didn't know best way to resolve the swagger cena no 1 contender issue so let it run another week.

I only booked one HIAC match, Kofi gets his rematch against Miz at HIAC

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

I actually liked the no contest finish. Shows that there is real competition for the spot rather than Cena just automatically getting the spot like he always does.

I actually liked the no contest finish. Shows that there is real competition for the spot rather than Cena just automatically getting the spot like he always does.

I wanted to make Swagger look Good so I had him reach the ropes before Orton got involved. I figured if it took Cena three weeks to beat Swagger then Swagger comes out of it strong (Presuming Cena will win next week!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

where did cannibal post his show? id love to read it

Okay its up.

Didn't know best way to resolve the swagger cena no 1 contender issue so let it run another week.

I only booked one HIAC match, Kofi gets his rematch against Miz at HIAC

good stuff, like the cannibal when he subbed on SD its much better that you guys did what you did as apposed to use just throwing up spoiler type posts to fill in for anyone who misses their go. The next few people up seem to be online more regularily so hopefully this wont have to happen again.

you may not have resolved the no.1 contender issue yet as you say but HIAC would probably sell just on the fact that there are multiple HIAC matches and announcing multiple matches in advance probably wouldent be as much of an issue, plus it continues Swaggers push a lil longer (im assuming perhaps incorrectly Cena will win and face Orton at HIAC).

one bit i liked in particular is the Primo vs Miz match, the champ doesent always have to win and the victory makes primo look strong and hints at a possible future program with either colon brother while not making Miz look too bad as he only loses as a result of interferance. The Interferance comes from Carlito continuing his and Primo's story also, they had been feuding but now Carlito helps him? is it just because of what the Miz said about their family name or are the brothers on the same page again, they are afterall going to be part of the tag tournament (i think).

Jayob10 wrote: »
    where did cannibal post his show? id love to read it

its in the sticky Boards wrestling entertainment, he did 2 so far as he filled in for someone. They are probable the shows (SD & Raw) that introduce the most new angles etc imo and are both a very good read

good stuff, like the cannibal when he subbed on SD its much better that you guys did what you did as apposed to use just throwing up spoiler type posts to fill in for anyone who misses their go. The next few people up seem to be online more regularily so hopefully this wont have to happen again.
    Thanks. I just like to take time and think some things out so i enjoy writing the shows. Selfishly I'd write one every week!

you may not have resolved the no.1 contender issue yet as you say but HIAC would probably sell just on the fact that there are multiple HIAC matches and announcing multiple matches in advance probably wouldent be as much of an issue, plus it continues Swaggers push a lil longer (im assuming perhaps incorrectly Cena will win and face Orton at HIAC).

I assumed the same thing. I didn't want to book swagger or cena in a loss and the way I wrote it was the best wat I could think off. I also had swagger hit the gut wrench on Orton to show the title is the important thing not alliances 9Like swagger has dirested towards with orton before)
    one bit i liked in particular is the Primo vs Miz match, the champ doesent always have to win and the victory makes primo look strong and hints at a possible future program with either colon brother while not making Miz look too bad as he only loses as a result of interferance. The Interferance comes from Carlito continuing his and Primo's story also, they had been feuding but now Carlito helps him? is it just because of what the Miz said about their family name or are the brothers on the same page again, they are afterall going to be part of the tag tournament (i think).

Thanks. I copied The Cannibals thinking re Cryme Time. They needed a win last week so I figured Primo needed one this time. I don't think the colons are listed for the tag tourney but there is a mystery tag team spot so I thought I would open up the idea of them joining up. I thought they were a great team and if wwe ever used tag teams properly they would be great.

Thanks. I copied The Cannibals thinking re Cryme Time. They needed a win last week so I figured Primo needed one this time. I don't think the colons are listed for the tag tourney but there is a mystery tag team spot so I thought I would open up the idea of them joining up. I thought they were a great team and if wwe ever used tag teams properly they would be great.

didnt realise they werent in it (and was too lazy to check :)) but yeah that mystery tag team will leave a lot of possibilities for whoever is writting later on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Where's this weeks SmackDown?? Is Rjd2 ment to be covering it?

I had pm'd Rjd2 and he said the above hense I didnt (or someone else) put up something in his place, ive pmd Shaneomac now also just incase he didnt know hes doing the next Raw.

Rjd2 wrote: »
    It will be up today or tomorrow, depending how stressful work is later. :o
    I had pm'd Rjd2 and he said the above hense I didnt (or someone else) put up something in his place, ive pmd Shaneomac now also just incase he didnt know hes doing the next Raw.

Thank's guys,smile.gif bit of a worry when I didn't see it, looking forward to reading it. BWE Hell in a Cell is now 8 days away!! biggrin.gif

Whoever does the Smackdown after the next one gets to do the 10th anniversary special too.

Whoever does the Smackdown after the next one gets to do the 10th anniversary special too.

Which is DieselQueen, lucky. That SmackDown has a lot of possibilities.

The Cannibal , you have the Raw after BWE Hell in a Cell, from what I can make out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

cooooool. il get thinking!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

cooooool. il get thinking!!

Just so you know the Raw and ECW lads are allowed to be on this show. :)

Just so you know the Raw and ECW lads are allowed to be on this show. :)

I thought we couldn't use ECW as that's not part of our shows??:confused::confused:

A 10th Anniversary show is an exception. Kind of like a TV PPV

A 10th Anniversary show is an exception. Kind of like a TV PPV

Might I suggest that we just split the ECW roster up and put them on to each show or ,even better, a draft. We could do this after Hell in a Cell. This would open new storylines to each roster before Bragging Rights and Survivor Series

Might I suggest that we just split the ECW roster up and put them on to each show or ,even better, a draft. We could do this after Hell in a Cell. This would open new storylines to each roster before Bragging Rights and Survivor Series

personally i wouldent be up for that as id prefer to keep it similar to the real thing (WWE) that we are trying to book a better show in comparison to and not give ourselves too many advantages when writing the shows i.e I cant see ECW ever ceasing to exist.

However if anyone wants to have Chrisstian, SOS or whoever become a Raw or SD wrestler they can write that in by for example simply have them turn up on the show and cut a promo refrencing how they lost/were screwed in a loser leaves Ecw match or how their ECW contract had run out and that they were now a SD/Raw wrestler (using whatever reason you want, the GM offered them a contact etc)

of course if others disagree, then sure lets go with such an idea as like i keep saying it aint up to me what we do

I tend to pm anyone who hasnt been posting in here regularily when they are up next and Shaneomac has pm'd me back and said that he will get working on Raw and hopes to have it up by tommorow night :)

obviously we are still wiating on SD also but Rjd2 has been in heree and said that hes working on it so hopefully that will be up before Shaneomac's Raw too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

Cool my Raw is up. The next Smackdown poster might wanna quick reference mine as theres a couple of Smackdown wrestlers involved but not a whole lot

Rjd2 if your reading this please Pm me your Smackdown and ill edit it into a post of your from before Shaneomac made his Raw post and transfer it into the other BWE thread as obviously your SD should be before the following Raw

Rjd2 if your reading this please Pm me your Smackdown and ill edit it into a post of your from before Shaneomac made his Raw post and transfer it into the other BWE thread as obviously your SD should be before the following Raw
    Gonna leave it up for now but may alter it slightly if needed tomorrow due to the amount typing involved if I did delete it. Only one or two matches that can be potentially effected anyway.

Sorry for the delay lads, today has been a bit all over the shop with work and other wack stuff, up around 12.12pm. :o

Shaneomac wrote: »
    Gonna leave it up for now but may alter it slightly if needed tomorrow due to the amount typing involved if I did delete it. Only one or two matches that can be potentially effected anyway.

no need to delete it (although obviously i woulda suggestied copying it so you could repaste it laterr) now that i thought of a way i could still put Rjd2's SD post in ahead of your Raw using my mod tools.

most people jhave gotten feedback after their shows in here so, heres some of my thoughts off the top of my head about the newest installment of BWE Raw :)

Bret as guest host, now that id like to see! and of course it makes perfect sense then that you would have the Hart Dynasty on Raw this week.

I liked the opening match which furthers the HIAC match between Kofi & The Miz whilst also continuing the Colons story... it seems they are back on the same page, will we see them competing in tag matches again soon, who knows?

and we have a womens match for HIAC now too something raw def needed after only the SD women were represented at the last BWE PPV. Gail Kim 1on1 with Mickie James... wait what was i talking about ;)

liked the Henry interaction with Bret too, I had actually forgotten he had links to the Dungeon.

Chavo - Bourne continues: my fav thing about this though was Santino doing all of Brets moves and tbh the fact that you go into a lot of detail in your matches, calling numerous moves/maneuvers thaty are done in them was one of my favourite things about your show. Its these little differences about how each person writes their shows that can keep it extra interesting as no 2 shows are done the same.

and so the myserty team were ECW's roundtable but Henry/MVP advance... I think someone will have to do what DM-ICE did for SD and recap Raws goings on soon so all things like this can be noted.

I do like the fact that Swagger's push is continued by getting into the PPV match but that does mean both out HIAC main events will be triple threats now, although i suppose again just like with SD it does give the person booking it (Furious Red iirc) more options.

even in a loss facing HHH like said in that raw could only put Smith over and the HBK thing did kinda make me lol although i dunno if i could have resisted writing a bigger bit of interaction between him and Bret personally. Although it does set up the DX vs Hart Dynasty 2nd Rd tournie match well, never know maybe Bret will be in the Harts corner.

Sorry for the delay lads, today has been a bit all over the shop with work and other wack stuff, up around 12.12pm. :o

no worries like i said if you pm me your SD or just edit it into one of your posts on this thread from yesterday ill transfer it into the other thread. It has to be in a post from before shaneomac's Raw afaik though for it to be before it when i transfer it into the other thread.

Shanomac with a very good raw. I really enjoyed it.

I was very happy to read about Bret as GM. Would be great to see in WWE sometime.

I liked the Carlito and Mix match. Nice follow up from last week. Primo and Carlito possibly back together is also nice continuation from last week. You got Kofi into the segment well by having him nail the trouble in paradise.

I like the idea of santino getting advice from GMs in future. Him doing brets moves is something you could see him doing if bret ever was gm in wwe.

Bourne/hornswogle v chavo goes on but with a more serious element than wwe have so the feud is interesting.

MVP and Henry getting beat up by roundtable at legacy's suggestion before having to take on legacy in the tag tournament is a good idea. It is good to see another feud within the tournamnet develop.

Interesting placement of the triple threat match. It made sense as there was another non conclusive end to swagger cena so it wouldn't be a good way to end raw three weeks in a row. Interesting triple threay set up for HIAC. Swagger is elevated again by being involved in such a match.

The main event was good. Smith doing well but losing is the type of thing i like to see. Just making someone competitive against a big star is enough to make both guys look good.

personally i wouldent be up for that as id prefer to keep it similar to the real thing (WWE) that we are trying to book a better show in comparison to and not give ourselves too many advantages when writing the shows i.e I cant see ECW ever ceasing to exist.

I would prefer to leave things as is. Like BH says we are trying to improve on what wwe are doing with the rosters they have.

Do you guys reckon its a good idea to have anyone the poster wants as GM or should we go with what wwe has planned unless it is a mystery guest. Im sure Barack Obama would be a good choice but could a coup be within wwes resource capabilities?

Shaneomac wrote: »
    Do you guys reckon its a good idea to have anyone the poster wants as GM or should we go with what wwe has planned unless it is a mystery guest. Im sure Barack Obama would be a good choice but could a coup be within wwes resource capabilities?

well we have had Bush although i generally wouldent be in favour of us being able to do anything the WWE physically couldent. The BWE should be some way believable and I couldent see anyway at all that Obama would guest host Raw although obviously he could make for some great viewing.

• Advertisement

no worries like i said if you pm me your SD or just edit it into one of your posts on this thread from yesterday ill transfer it into the other thread. It has to be in a post from before shaneomac's Raw afaik though for it to be before it when i transfer it into the other thread.

Sorry about the delay the weekend can be stressful vs work gets hectic then and last week I was busier than usual. My wretched laptop does not help either. :o
    Lots of spelling mistakes but oh well..
    top Of the page...!!!

Sorry about the delay the weekend can be stressful vs work gets hectic then and last week I was busier than usual. My wretched laptop does not help either. :o
    Lots of spelling mistakes but oh well..
    top Of the page...!!!

again no worries man, looks like a good read...

can you put that into an earlier one of your posts, sorry its just the one you put it into is still after when he posted Raw.

ill do it myself if its too much hassle but id rather you choose which of your posts to remove.

again no worries man, looks like a good read...

can you put that into an earlier one of your posts, sorry its just the one you put it into is still after when he posted Raw.

ill do it myself if its too much hassle but id rather you choose which of your posts to remove.

Previous page 15.:o

Anyone checking into this thread who saw shaneomac's episode of BWE Raw but has not seen the previous SD by Rjd2 check the other thread now as it has been added (it is before shaneomacs post so the thread may not have shown up as having any new posts to you).

must say combined with shaneomac's post i really like how this SD has continued the Harts (inc Nattie's) push and there is continued interaction between them and DX. also you did well with them considering as you say they are sorta heels although now that Bret has appearead supporting them they could get a face reaction too perhaps.

itl be interesting to see how the future bookers develop the Knox, K-Kwik, Finlay, Drew situation

Tiffany's introduction too as former ECW GM and now assistant SD GM could be used as a way of like Dare2Defy was saying also bringing ECW wrestlers into the fold perhaps, maybe she could have brought some of her former stars with her like a premiership manager would from his old club :D. itl also give Dieselqueen something to work with as she said she would have a big announcement next week.

and of course the main event furthers the triple threat HIAC, Batista hitting Taker with the spear he had meant for Punk etc

must say combined with shaneomac's post i really like how this SD has continued the Harts (inc Nattie's) push and there is continued interaction between them and DX. also you did well with them considering as you say they are sorta heels although now that Bret has appearead supporting them they could get a face reaction too perhaps.

itl be interesting to see how the future bookers develop the Knox, K-Kwik, Finlay, Drew situation

Tiffany's introduction too as former ECW GM and now assistant SD GM could be used as a way of like Dare2Defy was saying also bringing ECW wrestlers into the fold perhaps, maybe she could have brought some of her former stars with her like a premiership manager would from his old club :D. itl also give Dieselqueen something to work with as she said she would have a big announcement next week.

and of course the main event furthers the triple threat HIAC, Batista hitting Taker with the spear he had meant for Punk etc

Our bookings of Raw & SmackDown are much better than the real thing. BH, great idea on making a thread on this. :)

SmackDown is turning out to be very interesting as there's a lot of focus on tag teams, especially the Hart Dynasty. Really enjoying the push they are getting. RAW is sooooooo much better on this than in real life. Swagger getting a main event push?? Now thats original.

I'm glad that we can finally inject our rosters of new blood from ECW. As I said in my last post, new storylines/tag teams can be built from this.

If there's a 3hour RAW, can SmackDown superstars appear??

Well done to every one so far on this and long may it continue, hopefully my episode will live up to the building reputation all previous posters are building

If there's a 3hour RAW, can SmackDown superstars appear??

Well done to every one so far on this and long may it continue, hopefully my episode will live up to the building reputation all previous posters are building

im sure you'll do fine afterall nobody has any expectations that we will be the best bookers/writers or anything.

I cant see why SD & ECW wrestlers couldent appear on a 3hr Raw too as they always do on the real thing.

im sure you'll do fine afterall nobody has any expectations that we will be the best bookers/writers or anything.

I cant see why SD & ECW wrestlers couldent appear on a 3hr Raw too as they always do on the real thing.

+1 for a confidence boost, really looking forward to writing, I'll try me best

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Is it me doing SD this week?

• Advertisement

Is it me doing SD this week?

Dieselqueen is doing the 10th anniversary SD and your doing the HIAC ppv iirc.

might wanna give The Cannibal and myself a lil heads up on your plans as soon as you know em as especially The Cannibal will only have a day or so to do the post PPV Raw & SD next week.

So im just waiting on DQ to write up SD right? If DQ puts it up tomorrow ill try make a start on HIAC tomorrow night since ill be gone all day .

You could probably start writing it now. Most of the matches are booked. Would just need some editing to incorporate any potential angles introduced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

it will be up at some stage before this evening, sorry for delay!

it will be up at some stage before this evening, sorry for delay!

Furious red if this^^ means you get started tommorow and atleast know how you will book the results of the SD PPV matches could you let me know how you intend them to go so i can start my SD write up, otherwise i may need to swap my role as the next SD booker with someone else (maybe Dare2Defy as that will not alter the fact that atm those who did Raw before are now doing SD and vice-versa) as i leave for Taiwan on Tuesday and wont really have time to write up a proper SD otherwise.

*hic*

considering that Dieselqueen is still to put up this weeks SD and we have Furious res's PPV after that followed by The Cannibals Raw all hopefully in the next few days there is no way I can see myself getting the next Smackdown in before I leave for Taiwan.

Therefore as suggested above I'd like to offer that my place is swapped with that of Dare2Defy (who had suggested he was eager to do his first show) as that wont change the fact that those who previously did a Raw are now down to book a SD and vice versa. So D2D you wanna take my spot?

if he isnt online/speaks up on this maybe someone else might want to suggest an alternative or do double duty this time.

• Advertisement

Im currently starting to write up the PPV as we speak , have a few ideas and twists :) . I think i have all the matches that have been announced unless DQ adds a new match which i can still add in

considering that Dieselqueen is still to put up this weeks SD and we have Furious res's PPV after that followed by The Cannibals Raw all hopefully in the next few days there is no way I can see myself getting the next Smackdown in before I leave for Taiwan.

Therefore as suggested above I'd like to offer that my place is swapped with that of Dare2Defy (who had suggested he was eager to do his first show) as that wont change the fact that those who previously did a Raw are now down to book a SD and vice versa. So D2D you wanna take my spot?

if he isnt online/speaks up on this maybe someone else might want to suggest an alternative or do double duty this time.

You make me sound so childish :D:D. I might be able to do it but when would it have to be up as I have to work on a collage project??

You make me sound so childish :D:D. I might be able to do it but when would it have to be up as I have to work on a collage project??

well usually we try and do em before or around when the show is actually on TV that week so you would have till next Friday night (ish) if you were to take my place. Although of course you wouldent be able to start working on it until most likely tommorow i.e after DQ put his up (should be today as he said it should have been yesterday) and Furious Red puts up the PPV (said earlier hes started on it) as those two shows would be what yours would be based on (The previous SD & PPV).

edit: didnt mean to make you sound like a child btw ;)

well usually we try and do em before or around when the show is actually on TV that week so you would have till next Friday night (ish) if you were to take my place. Although of course you wouldent be able to start working on it until most likely tommorow i.e after DQ put his up (should be today as he said it should have been yesterday) and Furious Red puts up the PPV (said earlier hes started on it) as those two shows would be what yours would be based on (The previous SD & PPV).

edit: didnt mean to make you sound like a child btw ;)

I might have it written by next Wednesday/Thursday as time is a bit tight for me. About the child thing, it happens

I might have it written by next Wednesday/Thursday as time is a bit tight for me. About the child thing, it happens

Sounds good cos thats before it airs, so ill edit the order on the other thread, Your now after The Cannibal doing the post PPV SD.

• Advertisement
Advertisement