Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Windows Platform SDK for visual c++ express Does nothing

Options
  • 10-03-2007 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

I got my friend to download the windows platform sdk ISO and put it onto a cd.
    Thats where he got it.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=E15438AC-60BE-41BD-AA14-7F1E0F19CA0D&displaylang=en

I thought when I put the cd into the drive that Id then be able to install the microsoft windows platform sdk.

I thought that was what its for.

Anyway I cant do anything with it windows doesn't recogise it.

What the heck does the iso do?

Theres no instructions on the website.

How do I copy the platform SDK to a cd and get it to install onto my computer when I put in the CD?

Where should I go?

Is there anything I can do with this iso .img file?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

An ISO should be burned to CD differently than just a normal burn of data. When you open My Computer and the drive, what's listed? If it's just one file [the <name>.iso file], then the file wasn't burned as it was meant to be.

If there are several files, the ISO image was probably burned correctly. Just look for setup.exe in this case.

The download may even be corrupt. When burning huge downloads, like operating systems, it's no harm to see if MD5 checksums match. Allow CD burning software to verify the contents of the CD/DVD also.

Advertisement