Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Whiskey suggestions

Options
  • 17-07-2014 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Due to pay James fox a visit this weekend what can you suggest? I am tempted to go for Redbreast 12 year old. Plan on having a few cigars with it as well. Is there anything particularly nice people are drinking at the moment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

You can buy Redbreast 12 in Tesco too btw. ;) Depends on your budget but for around €60 I would also recommend Green Spot or Power's John's Lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Ah yeah- killing 2 birds with one stone and getting cigars in there too.

Green Spot is a lovely whiskey, haven't tried the Powers one though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭willabur

two thumbs up for green spot and redbreast 12. I also really like the Tyrconnell Single Malt which is a good deal cheaper but still a lovely whiskey

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

Redbreast 12yr old Cask Strength worth a sniff as well (though more expensive than other suggestions)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Gun to your head and you have to choose one or the other, which would it be: Green Spot or Redbreast 12?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Personally I'd go the red breast, but it would be a close enough call. both fine choices really.

An File wrote: »
    Gun to your head and you have to choose one or the other, which would it be: Green Spot or Redbreast 12?

rb12

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

Close call, but at the moment would go for RB12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

I can't believe the amount that Green Spot has gone up in price since the rebrand.

rb12 too has gone up a fierce amount in the past couple of years
    asked the lad in the drink store in Stoneybatter and he said its down to international demand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Redbreast 21 year old is nicer though ;)

Drinking Teelings Single Grain at the moment too and it is quite pleasant.

Writers Tears is a lovely dram as well as is Locke's 8 year old Single Malt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Bushmills 10 for me normally. Cheaper to buy abroad and bring home.

Advertisement