Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 2am and beyond thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Pfft! 'tis not called the cock-clear for nothing ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

jackncoke wrote: »
    im back in pissy old limerick now,,but i must admit one of the highlights of oz was carlton v collingwood at the G,think there was about 80,000 at the game..what a day

I went to see the 'Pies play Sydney at the 'G for the quarter finals of this years title.
    Was great. Being a collingwood supporter, I was very happy. Would have loved to have seen them go and kick the crap out of the eagles as well. :)

Its a great stadium. i went to see Australia play NZ in the Bledisloe cup as well. Was packed out. Fantastic venie. Want to go and watch some cricket there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,898 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I went to see the 'Pies play Sydney at the 'G for the quarter finals of this years title.
    Was great. Being a collingwood supporter, I was very happy. Would have loved to have seen them go and kick the crap out of the eagles as well. :)

Eagles will be back strong this year. Why haven't you leant your support to the forum bid then?
    Its a great stadium. i went to see Australia play NZ in the Bledisloe cup as well. Was packed out. Fantastic venie. Want to go and watch some cricket there too.

Yeah 20/20 is where it's at. Wanted to go see the test here last week too but it didn't make it to the weekend.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Eagles will be back strong this year. Why haven't you leant your support to the forum bid then?

coz its not that exciting :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

its 1:45pm melbourne time

4:19pm Melbourne time now!!! Im nearly freakin free for Australia day bank holiday weekend, and Got BIG DAY OUT TICKETS monday. Sweet as a nut!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Jrad

4:19pm Melbourne time now!!! Im nearly freakin free for Australia day bank holiday weekend, and Got BIG DAY OUT TICKETS monday. Sweet as a nut!

You ****ing ****! Gimme em! I want a full write up of rage on my desk on Collins ST for Tuesday.

yes, beer in 40 minutes!

where are you?
    im opposite crown on clarendon street

Big Day Out is gonna be super this year. Got my tickets for Perth next week. Thread here -

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055164470&highlight=big+day+out

U wha? U work on Collins st. too?
    Where on Collins? I work between Swanston and Russell.
    Mental.
    Mental.
    Hey you know Nightwatchman are playing an acoustic show here in a pub in melbourne the day after BDO?
    That's Tom Morello's acoustic show. They are also playing BDO, but I reckon the pub gig would have some atmosphere man.
    Anyone get tuesday off? I have to start work at ten. Its not half eight, but its not gonna help.

what time they playing at?
    i might head into that?

• Advertisement

yes, beer in 40 minutes!

where are you?
    im opposite crown on clarendon street

That crown complex is pretty cool. Im on Collins, between Swanston and Russell. Same street as the priscilla musical is on.

U wha? U work on Collins st. too?
    Where on Collins? I work between Swanston and Russell.
    Mental.
    Mental.
    Hey you know Nightwatchman are playing an acoustic show here in a pub in melbourne the day after BDO?
    That's Tom Morello's acoustic show. They are also playing BDO, but I reckon the pub gig would have some atmosphere man.
    Anyone get tuesday off? I have to start work at ten. Its not half eight, but its not gonna help.

Between exibition and 'something', only started last monday. Are they any good?

what time they playing at?
    i might head into that?

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/event/13003F868FE54CAD?artistid=1121473&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Tickets cheap as chips too. Though I havent picked up one yet. I am not sure if its such a good idea to have these ambitious plans for the day after seeing Rage. Tends to hurt too much to move after I go to a metal gig. Not that Im a mosher or anything, I just dont like standing up for that long.

Jrad wrote: »
    Between exibition and 'something', only started last monday. Are they any good?

I would reckon they are. Morello is an inspired guitarist. But relax, they are playing big day out too, about 5ish i think in one of the smaller tents. A little rage salad before the main course. I been workin techie support here for close on 2 months. Found it hard to get any jobs at the start, but then I re-did my CV from a 2 page beauty to a 5 page beast and that seems to have done the trick.

I was lookin forward to seeing Morello solo but a few people I know have seen it and said the music is brilliant, he just can't sing.

Yeah that may well be a fair point. But then lots of great bands have singers who cant sing worth a ****e... I guess it depends on how the overall effect sounds. Normally I would think acoustic material would require the chops to go with it, but I worship the guy. Reason I started playing guitar. Well, him, and Jimmy page.

Its comin up, its comin up, its comin up..................its there!
    Drinky Poos:D

Yeah that may well be a fair point. But then lots of great bands have singers who cant sing worth a ****e... I guess it depends on how the overall effect sounds. Normally I would think acoustic material would require the chops to go with it, but I worship the guy. Reason I started playing guitar. Well, him, and Jimmy page.

Ah yeah no doubting he's a legend and I'll be doing my best to go see him, once it doesn't clash with any other act I wanna see!

Hey guys.
    How did ye get on with respective BDO's?
    I managed to catch the Nightwatchman, and man I thought that was one helluva show that guy put on. The big problem I had with the event was the amount of queueing we had to do to buy a drink! Queue for an armband, queue again to buy this book of 10 tickets, then queue again to get the drink with those stupid tickets!
    Because the queues were so long, loads of people ordered 4 beers at once, so there was a relatively high population of incredibly hammered aussies pretty early on in Lilyworld. I saw loads of girls with their knees in the air passed out on their back usin the world as their gynaecologist, or peeing where they shouldnt be, hidden by a wall of embarassed lookin blokes. I saw a group of blokes try to film themselves taking a running jump onto a huge inflatable wall and trying to bounce back in a seating position onto a plastic deck chair. I reckon at least 3 ribs were cracked there.
    Rage ruled! But the sound could have been a bit better. And the ****in view too. Im a big bloke, but them Aussies are a tall nation. Must be all that angeldust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭conor2007

morello is a ledge

''know the ledge''

• Advertisement

Hey guys.
    How did ye get on with respective BDO's?
    I managed to catch the Nightwatchman, and man I thought that was one helluva show that guy put on. The big problem I had with the event was the amount of queueing we had to do to buy a drink! Queue for an armband, queue again to buy this book of 10 tickets, then queue again to get the drink with those stupid tickets!
    Because the queues were so long, loads of people ordered 4 beers at once, so there was a relatively high population of incredibly hammered aussies pretty early on in Lilyworld. I saw loads of girls with their knees in the air passed out on their back usin the world as their gynaecologist, or peeing where they shouldnt be, hidden by a wall of embarassed lookin blokes. I saw a group of blokes try to film themselves taking a running jump onto a huge inflatable wall and trying to bounce back in a seating position onto a plastic deck chair. I reckon at least 3 ribs were cracked there.
    Rage ruled! But the sound could have been a bit better. And the ****in view too. Im a big bloke, but them Aussies are a tall nation. Must be all that angeldust.

I'll reply to you after 2AM :D JK

Well my BDO isn't til this Sunday so I'll be interested to hear the highs and lows

TBH the worst part was the dusty heat, at least initially. It was just a certainty that I was gonna get burnt, but you know, I am in Australia, why the **** am I here if I can't handle a bit of dusty heat? So I did handle it. With Twoheys I think it was, and a cardboard Knight's helmet. (Bring a hat!!!) I didnt and I have a lobster forehead now, despite applying tonnes of that horrible sun cream ****e I hate. (Though if you forget the sunscreen on the day, you can buy a tube there quite easily.)
    They ran out of programs too early for us to get one by legitimate means. But the only important part of the program is the map (which you will need!) And the timetable. So just print one off beforehand and chuck it in your pocket. I cant stress that enough. We lost the first 3/4 of an hour because of wondering around getting the lay of the land.
    Now when you show up, you have to queue to get a Proof of Age wristband. Even if you are 60, you will still need this feckin wristband to get some booze at the event.
    Once you queue for the wristband you then have to queue for tickets.
    No! These tickets are not for the stupid rides that you dont have to go near, these are for the booze! Can you believe that? Feckin TGI mc. Scratchy dollars that come in books of ten minimum, costing 30 dollars.
    So you have your ten tickets, have queued for maybe half an hour to get these things, and you still have a strange empty feeling twixt index finger and thumb where beer shaped objects should always be. So now you have to off yourself to a designated drinking area. At this point burly blokes will look at your armband, and stop the 16 year olds from getting in. Lilyworld, for me, was the best drinking area. It had two or three stages, a great group of people in there, plenty of space and the queues at the bars werent that bad(Maybe 15 minutes). But everyone who went to a bar tended to get 3 or 4 drinks there, to avoud having to queue again for another 15 to 20 minutes
    A beer is two tickets, smirnoffs and the like are three. Water is one, and so on.

But once the sun died down a bit or we had found enough shade to sit and drink life was good. The smaller stage areas are marquees, difficult to push up into. The bathroom queues were pretty fine. I recommend you see the Nightwatchman. I thought Bjork was a load of pants. Rage ruled and make sure you have the day after off of work. I dont. I am sitting in my office chair contemplating crying if someone makes me move. I want to die, which means that BDO was probably pretty cool and that I am too old for this **** any more.

it happens :)

But once the sun died down a bit or we had found enough shade to sit and drink life was good. The smaller stage areas are marquees, difficult to push up into. The bathroom queues were pretty fine. I recommend you see the Nightwatchman. I thought Bjork was a load of pants. Rage ruled and make sure you have the day after off of work. I dont. I am sitting in my office chair contemplating crying if someone makes me move. I want to die, which means that BDO was probably pretty cool and that I am too old for this **** any more.

Yeah I was there last year and a hat is the essential for the day.

No interest in seeing Bjork so I'm going to see Brand New headline the second stage. Like you I shall be working the day after. Can't wait!

Advertisement