Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(LOI): League Of Ireland fixtures (WEEK 4): 23-25 March 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,542 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Reckon our great start probably ends here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Can't make it to Brandywell on Friday, so might head along to Tallaght instead.

Thats if they don't mind neutral going along;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If we play like we did last night, we'll get properly turned over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Real challenge for us against Waterford. Can't look too much into that loss against Wexford. Hopefully our good form will continue. Getting excited about it already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

If Bohs don't buck up their ideas (particularly at the back) they're gonna get slaughtered on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

The thoughts of Philly Hughes (or to a lesser extent Kavanagh) getting a winner fills me with dread. That sort of thing is very hard to clean from your mind..

Not confident going into this one, Shels may not be challenging for the title over the long run, but they have momentum and belief from recent results.

Whereas Rovers still have to settle into an attacking rhythm and Jansson I don't think has played in front of the same back four for more than a single game in succession yet, including pre-season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Stupid fcuking sunday matches :(

Wont even see it on tv :(

Fagan will make his league debut and Forrester is on fire at the moment. Hopefully our swapsies dont have decent games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

It's a sad state of affairs when you're worrying about a home match against UCD... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

I'd be confident we can take three points in Monaghan but it won't be easy. Quigley's joke of a suspension could affect our whole season badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

AgileMyth wrote: »
    I'd be confident we can take three points in Monaghan but it won't be easy. Quigley's joke of a suspension could affect our whole season badly.

What was he suspended for?

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    What was he suspended for?
    6 games for the incident in the game against ye. Apparently he put his hand on the ref's shoulder.

6 games is more than you get for racial abuse in this league.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Big improvement on yesterdays performance needed if we're to get anything from Sunday.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

6 games for the incident in the game against ye. Apparently he put his hand on the ref's shoulder.

6 games is more than you get for racial abuse in this league.

Was an official press release never made about it? It's very strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Any decent reds local to the Southside that are free before KO on Friday. I'd appreciate it greatly if you could come and hold up my store so's I can get out to Tallaght for this one. Cheers.

Not like Quigley to do something like that.

Hopefully he can use the time off to catch up on his flower-pressing and yoga.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭holidaysong

Please let us score a goal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

stovelid wrote: »

Premier Division

premtable_2.jpg

Where did you stroke the league table from?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

I'd be happy if he just got a haircut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Any decent reds local to the Southside that are free before KO on Friday. I'd appreciate it greatly if you could come and hold up my store so's I can get out to Tallaght for this one. Cheers.

About 1.30 suit? Finish college then and don't want to eat into too much of my drinking time! :D

As for Friday, can't wait, got my ticket last Friday, if Caso, Dawson and Paiso are 100% fit we could get something from the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Roll on another week. The pits of mediocrity for the league at the Carlisle this time around, too early in the season to say how it'll go. A win be great, a draw wouldn't be a disaster. I think Bray may nick it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Don't expect to get much change out of Derry, but there are positives for us to take from last Friday and Derry were pedestrian enough against Linfield for me to have some hope.

Shane O'Connor will be lucky to keep his place. Can't afford passengers up there.

Maybe he could use the time to bet against his own team, because apparantly that carries a less severe ban than whatever he did.

You can bet your arse he wouldn't have gotten a ban like that if he was wearing hoops...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Don't expect to get much change out of Derry, but there are positives for us to take from last Friday and Derry were pedestrian enough against Linfield for me to have some hope.

Shane O'Connor will be lucky to keep his place. Can't afford passengers up there.

Derry are beatable, as we showed last week. I didn't think they were anything great at all, and can't really see them making any kind of sustained push for a title. Where that talk came from I don't know really.

We won't get anything in SDCC, so I'd be absolutely delighted to come away with a draw of any kind (last minute equalisers for Shamrock excepted).

Hopefully we can keep our run of no red cards going, might get to Europe on a fairplay rule :D

You can bet your arse he wouldn't have gotten a ban like that if he was wearing hoops...

That knacker won't be back with us. He's beter off with Diarrhea FC :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

doncarlos wrote: »
    It's a sad state of affairs when you're worrying about a home match against UCD... :(
    Even sadder state of affairs is the fact we haven't scored a single goal yet this season. Including our Leinster Senior Cup game we've gone 360 minutes without a goal. Bleak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,542 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That knacker won't be back with us. He's beter off with Diarrhea FC :)
    Who?

CSF wrote: »
    Who?

The bus defecaters of the North-West.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Des wrote: »
    Derry are beatable, as we showed last week. I didn't think they were anything great at all, and can't really see them making any kind of sustained push for a title. Where that talk came from I don't know really.

On a given day, most teams can beat each other, but over a long spell, the squads come through. Derry drew 2-2 with Drogheda early last season I think which was an unbelievable achievement given Drogheda at the start of last season, but Derry were in the title hunt in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

dan1895 wrote: »
    I'd be happy if he just got a haircut

His hair is down with da kidz
    image.jpg

Advertisement