Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astra1 ,hotbird and ??????

Options
  • 28-11-2005 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

I am going to be setting up one of the "FTA" :D systems from Maplins with a monoblock for ASTRA 1 and Hotbird.
    Since I get a LNB with the system I was thinking of setting it up for another satellite on the same 90cm dish.
    I already have sky so not bothered with 28.5.

Can anybody suggest a satellite availble on a 90cm dish with astra 1 as prime focus of a monoblock.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Ulsterman 1690

Hotbird and the two Astras are the three main satellites of interest really but you could try for Turksat (42 East)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i know of some people who have had trouble getting 42° East due to the dish having to be what appears to be pointing towards the ground and items obstructing the signal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Ulsterman 1690

Some people even have these problems with Astra 2

Its pretty ridiculous that the satellite aimed predominantly at UK/Ireland is so far East while the German one is at 19 East and Hotbird (mainly East European and Middle East channels) is at 13 East

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Gargantuan

Cheers lads
    I will try for 42 east when i get the dish up and going.
    Had a look at the channel listings they do not look the best.

Can you reccomend any channels on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

tv8 would be the main one for me anyway, they have football on it usually fta as well. The 3pm games are sometimes excrypted but I notice for sunday/monday games it is in the clear.

TBH getting all the other sats you want and turksat is going to be very very difficult without a motor! Maybe cheaper sticking a motor on then your away with it!

• Advertisement

been a while since i watched it

i used to have it strictly for the premiership coverage on TV8 (i think thats what it was called) in analogue. there wasnt much else there that interested me on that sat tbh. it was mainly singing and dancing and the ad breaks, they went on for 15 - 20 minutes sometimes :eek: :eek:

i thought the digital version on TV8 moved to the Eastern beam? obviously not!!!!!!! i know a few that would like it

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Gargantuan

If its only got the footy, might not bother with it then I should be able to get most of the football on 19e/13e ,with the aid of some Cams.

Might get a cheap dish and get Hipasat going there seems to be a lot of good stuff on that.

Advertisement