Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official bitch about daily life in UL

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

How long do graduation ceremonies last? its going to be tortourous to sit through

I think it's about an hour or so. Just hope that you're one of the later courses to go through it! I know it sounds like you'd want the opposite, but it gets harder to sit through after you get your parchment since you care even less :pac:

Also, if there are quite a few people getting their doctorates that'll take a while...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mrsound

in a bit of a sticky situation. I'm certain I've failed my repeat will that mean my co op is terminated? I'm on co op till Dec. I'm willing to do a link in starting in feb so there won't be any overlap? Anyone have any experience? Thanks guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

mrsound wrote: »
    in a bit of a sticky situation. I'm certain I've failed my repeat will that mean my co op is terminated? I'm on co op till Dec. I'm willing to do a link in starting in feb so there won't be any overlap? Anyone have any experience? Thanks guys.

Friend of mine failed a module Christmas of second year and then was on co-op from summer of second year till Christmas of 3rd year. She got an I-Grade for the repeat during the summer and was still allowed to continue with her co op. I'd say talk to your course leader about it, could be different in each case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Friend of mine failed a repeat while on coop and I think his was terminated?.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mrsound

hey so she got an igrade for a repeat? under what grounds?

mrsound wrote: »
    hey so she got an igrade for a repeat? under what grounds?

She was very ill at the time, as far as I can remember. She then had to repeat the exam at Christmas time, and won't officially start 3rd year until September,

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭CheyK

Does anyone know what the story is with registering and paying fees when going into 2nd year? Do we need to register again or what? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

CheyK wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the story is with registering and paying fees when going into 2nd year? Do we need to register again or what? :)

You need to register your modules in Week 1 (through student portal).

You can pay the registration fee through the portal too I believe. I think you can also just take a cheque to the Fees Office (not 100% on this, grant covered my registration fees each year).

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭CheyK

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    You need to register your modules in Week 1 (through student portal).

You can pay the registration fee through the portal too I believe. I think you can also just take a cheque to the Fees Office (not 100% on this, grant covered my registration fees each year).

That's grand! If you've applied for the grant do you need to let them know that you're waiting for approval or will it all be sorted by SUSI do you know?

• Advertisement

CheyK wrote: »
    That's grand! If you've applied for the grant do you need to let them know that you're waiting for approval or will it all be sorted by SUSI do you know?

Nah, SUSI inform the college. At least they did laat year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Where is the security office on campus? The key broke in my bike lock last May just before going home for the Summer, and I had no space in the car so I decided to just leave it there. Moved back down to Limerick again today and surprisingly it's still there after the Summer.
    It was locked at the front of Kemmy under the slightly roofed area so it's not really rusted either.

Just need to get the lock cut now somehow. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

As far as I know, it's the room beside stables arch that isn't the post grad room, other side.

Where is the security office on campus? The key broke in my bike lock last May just before going home for the Summer, and I had no space in the car so I decided to just leave it there. Moved back down to Limerick again today and surprisingly it's still there after the Summer.
    It was locked at the front of Kemmy under the slightly roofed area so it's not really rusted either.

Just need to get the lock cut now somehow. :P

I lost my student card on campus and it ended up in the security office. It was the little hut with the two barriers where there's guest car parking

iLaura wrote: »
    I lost my student card on campus and it ended up in the security office. It was the little hut with the two barriers where there's guest car parking

That's where I thought it was, reserved parking sign on it confused me as I thought it was just some place to maintain the car park.

So, all graduated and done and dusted. A friend of mine then made a video with photos and videos of the last four years... it just makes me wanna go back and do it all over again :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

Anyone ever been an orientation guide before ?

Midkemia wrote:
    Anyone ever been an orientation guide before ?

I was one last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Will be starting an evening degree (one year to complete) second week in Sept - how easy/hard is it to get free parking?

Lectures are in the Kemmy building (Tuesday and Thursday starting 6pm).

Will be starting an evening degree (one year to complete) second week in Sept - how easy/hard is it to get free parking?

Fairly easy. Should be spaces in the Schumann car park or at a pinch the east gate car park will definitely have spaces.

Fairly easy. Should be spaces in the Schumann car park or at a pinch the east gate car park will definitely have spaces.

Super. Thanks :-)

• Advertisement

The carpark at Kemmy is staff until 6 as well and usually starts to clear out at 5 iirc. Dunno if you'd get caught parking there at say 5.50 or not though

The carpark at Kemmy is staff until 6 as well and usually starts to clear out at 5 iirc. Dunno if you'd get caught parking there at say 5.50 or not though

Ah, it's only free after 6 pm. Yeah, it'd only be 5 minutes or so - might be worth the risk unless I see a tow truck circling around :)

Ah, it's only free after 6 pm. Yeah, it'd only be 5 minutes or so - might be worth the risk unless I see a tow truck circling around :)

Nah, they usually dont tow. First offence is a ridiculously big sticker they put on a window that can take weeks to get off. Second offence is clamping I think

Nah, they usually dont tow. First offence is a ridiculously big sticker they put on a window that can take weeks to get off. Second offence is clamping I think

Yeah - I've seen those stickers. Could always roll down the window until the sticker is pealed off. Be grand, balmy Irish weather and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

sup_dude wrote: »
    I was one last year

What it like I'm one this year I'm afraid I'll get lost with them :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Sup dude was my guide last year.. thanks sup dude you were a great guide haha

Midkemia wrote:
    What it like I'm one this year I'm afraid I'll get lost with them

Ah its grand, if you get stuck then make stuff up, they'll neither know nor care. As long as you take them to the main areas listed. If you get equines tomorrow, tell them that Bridget and Arkins are legends but Amy is a cow and don't be afraid to report her to aforementioned legends if she's being mean :) oh and free food!
    Sup dude was my guide last year.. thanks sup dude you were a great guide haha

Yay! Positive feedback! Was gonna do it again this year, it was great craic but I didn't know if I could and it was too late to apply by the time I found out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Oh it's orientation today... I completely forgot, explains why pushing through crowds was even more difficult today!

Also, do they get smaller every year? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

How did you manage to get the Orientation jobs? I applied, got a phone interview, was rejected. I'm just asking to know if there's something specific they look for in an applicant, in case I go for it again.

On the other hand, I'm an "International Buddy" and only one of the four students has replied to my emails. Am I... supposed to do something about the others? (I'm responsible for their free coffees, why won't they talk to me?:confused:)

How did you manage to get the Orientation jobs? I applied, got a phone interview, was rejected. I'm just asking to know if there's something specific they look for in an applicant, in case I go for it again.

On the other hand, I'm an "International Buddy" and only one of the four students has replied to my emails. Am I... supposed to do something about the others? (I'm responsible for their free coffees, why won't they talk to me?:confused:)

If you don't hear from them in weeks, you should maybe just mention it to the one who organises the buddy system to check in with the student. I was an International Buddy last year and my buddy took ages to get back to me. She also did everything on her own and I never met her because she just kept cancelling, in the end, she didn't really need me.
    But at least you have one that replied!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 kreater111111

I noticed during the orientation day on Monday that the Foundation building car park had signs saying it was Staff only parking. The signs looked like temporary signs pulled out of a store room for special occasions. Didn't notice any clamped cars but saw some notices under the windshield wipers. Anyone know if that's a permanent change or will it stay public?

I noticed during the orientation day on Monday that the Foundation building car park had signs saying it was Staff only parking. The signs looked like temporary signs pulled out of a store room for special occasions. Didn't notice any clamped cars but saw some notices under the windshield wipers. Anyone know if that's a permanent change or will it stay public?

Its meant to be becoming a paid carpark. I'd say that the parts you saw will become staff (there was some staff parking there anyways) and the rest will be paid

Any way to view your transcript at the moment? Obviously can't on normal portal, but there doesn't seem to be a link on the test portal now either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Anyone know the story with repeat rechecks and Erasmus? If you get an exam rechecked and you go up to what you need, which you'd know by the 25th September, would that be too late to still go?

Anyone who applied for PVA this year have the details for how to respond to the RSVP for the ceremony? I seem to have lost my letter from them and Gabriella surprisingly isn't sending out emails about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Anyone who applied for PVA this year have the details for how to respond to the RSVP for the ceremony? I seem to have lost my letter from them and Gabriella surprisingly isn't sending out emails about it.

pvaceremony@ul.ie was the email I sent mine to. Just said, "I'd like to confirm my attendance along with two guests" etc.

Daniel S wrote: »
    pvaceremony@ul.ie was the email I sent mine to. Just said, "I'd like to confirm my attendance along with two guests" etc.

Grand job, thanks! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Repeat results are online

**** yeah. Passed both of mine, was certain I failed one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Can anyone access student mail? I haven't been able to for a day

Can anyone access student mail? I haven't been able to for a day

I've access to mine! Are you using outlook.com/studentmail.ul.ie to get access?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

I've access to mine! Are you using outlook.com/studentmail.ul.ie to get access?

It's working again anyway, thanks:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Class in five hours. I don't know why I'm freaked out. There's no reason.... Five hours. I just have to keep it together for five hours.

Annoyed... A book I'm very close to finishing (50 pages left) has been recalled by one of the two people on my MA! I asked the library if I could have it one or two more days and there answer was to return it today...So now, I am reading frantically. Urgh!

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭shazzerman

Aragneer wrote: »
    Annoyed... A book I'm very close to finishing (50 pages left) has been recalled by one of the two people on my MA! I asked the library if I could have it one or two more days and there answer was to return it today...So now, I am reading frantically. Urgh!

Why don't you photocopy the 50 pages?

• Advertisement

I've a tutorial that says week 1-12 ..

Is it likely that its on this week or its just a typo?

I've a tutorial that says week 1-12 ..

Is it likely that its on this week or its just a typo?

Week 3 unless you're told otherwise by the lecturer. Mine have always said 1-12 and rarely started in Week 1.

If your tutorial slot is before your first lecture in the module, no harm to potter along just in case, but most people probably won't and you'll be told the story i the first lecture.

Week 3 unless you're told otherwise by the lecturer. Mine have always said 1-12 and rarely started in Week 1.

If your tutorial slot is before your first lecture in the module, no harm to potter along just in case, but most people probably won't and you'll be told the story i the first lecture.

Yeah the tutorial is before the first lecture..

I'll go in I suppose but its like a 25 minute walk so I really hope its on haha

Yeah the tutorial is before the first lecture..

I'll go in I suppose but its like a 25 minute walk so I really hope its on haha

TBH, unless you've another reason to go in, I wouldn't bother. Worst case scenario is it's on, you miss it and can just go to one later in the week.

TBH, unless you've another reason to go in, I wouldn't bother. Worst case scenario is it's on, you miss it and can just go to one later in the week.

I'll just count it as exercise haha!

What building has the letters LC at the start :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement