Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfast Enterprise - Is there laptop power sockets?

Options
  • 30-04-2009 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭

heading up in the morning, laptop is useless without a power supply - is there onboard power near seats?

Thanks
    D

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

None that I have ever noticed, even in First+. The carriages predate common personal use and even pervasive business use of laptops.

However, if you notch down the brightness (its well lit), turn off wifi and bluetooth most laptops will survey the length of the trip - assuming you've somewhere to charge it in Belfast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭danindublin

MYOB wrote: »
    None that I have ever noticed, even in First+. The carriages predate common personal use and even pervasive business use of laptops.

However, if you notch down the brightness (its well lit), turn off wifi and bluetooth most laptops will survey the length of the trip - assuming you've somewhere to charge it in Belfast!

Oh Bridget (my laptop) is beyond hope at this stage - she's about 4 years old and she barely lasts the trip home to tipp (1:20) and thats with 2 batteries (the original dell which was recalled which I only used for travelling and the one they sent out as a replacement). Might just plonk some movies on my ipod :) Thanks MYOB :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There may be a power point at each end of the carriage that normally gets used for vacuum cleaners.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭digital_d

Hi - The enterprise does not have power points at each seat. I think Victor is correct - there are a few scattered through the carridge - but from what I recall they are in the vestibules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

I got delayed on enterprise for over an hour one day (what's new!) and really needed to use my laptop, but was told by the train manager that there's no sockets for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 mmacaogain

I asked the train host and he told me they have a socket in the dining carriage. He took my laptop and brought it there to charge it for a while. Told me it would be locked. Seemed like a standard procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭dowlingm

The Enterprise sets are due a holiday in dry dock for their midlife update. One would hope that power points would be part of their refit.

Advertisement