Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lidl satellite sender

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

A friend of mine bought one here in LIDL Belgium a few weeks ago and it works fine. Yes it will work with $ky Digital. The only thing I don't like about those things is they get dreadful interference from microwave ovens. Its a good price I though. :):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭XDA

Lidl had a similar offer a few months back and I bought a set. Perfectly happy with it, it transmits everything to the portable upstairs in the house, perfect quality picture. Plays havoc with my wireless lan though :-(

XDA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks for that ... reckon I'll treat myself, but there's no way in hell I'm goin queuing ... might head down around 10am and see if there's any left (galway). The bed is winning in the Sky vs Bed war these cold windy nights?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

can you switch channels then on receiving tv??

Yes, you can switch channels, it comes with an infra-red remote control extender.

Very neat.

XDA

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by XDA
    Yes, you can switch channels, it comes with an infra-red remote control extender.

Very neat.

XDA

It didn't mention anything about the remote extender on the website but thanks for clarifying.

I guess that it may not be exactly the same model, so i'd check the details on the box before buying if I was you.

Regards

XDA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yup, got one this morning ... works with your remote.

Edit: Just set it up a while ago, perfect picture quality, and works without the aerial up. I tried using the microwave, and it doesn't interfere.

Also, a pleasant surprise ... my Sky remote works on the upstairs TV (didn't need re-tuning, and its different make to the normal TV).

Already thinking of getting another unit for the kitchen TV ... if there's any left in the morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

I got one myself too pretty happy with it (It has 4 operating channels BTW if you have any problems with microwave interference) theres a good set of cables and SCART adaptors included too

The only gripe I have is that (like most electrical gear nowadays) it uses plug in AC/DC adaptors which I personally hate (seemingly the reason for having wallplug adoptors is so that the devices themselves dont need to be certified for electrical safety although the weight of a couple of wallplug adoptors and a multiplug in a socket has always seemed pretty dodgy safety wise)

It would be nice to be able to buy additional reciever units seperatly

RE wireless LAN problems: try switching the LAN to operate at 11meg instead of 54meg to cut down on bandwidh and (hopefully) interference unless you regularly do thigs like transmit uncompressed video files over your LAN even 11 meg is overkill for most domestic and internet sharing applications

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Got mine too and works perfectly with the digibox.

But what do I have to do to get the terrestrials? I have the scart running from the digibox (which carries the aerial feed). I thought that the terrestrial link would work too.

In fairness I haven't messed around with it yet, the inlaws are here :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭joc_06

How in the hell did all ye line up yere satelites? I got a similiar one and the tester and all im getting is a blue screen on the telly and a tiny beep off the tester.

I have it on top of a pole facing approx. south. I reckon theres a hedge in the way so i'll have to raise it higher, but do i have to do anything with the box for the telly itself?? I rang a guy to come out and look at it a week ago but heard nothing from him since.

Has any1 got a list of the satellites and their positions from ireland. Astra is 11.5 south or is it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Hi joc_06,
    This might get you started. written by watty someone I haven't heard from in ages!!!.
    :confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭joc_06

thanks for quick reply m8, looks good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

To watch terrestrials on your video sender

Aerial----> Satellite reciever>
    >Video recorder
    >Video Sender
    DVD
    ^ V
    Main TV

Set up your equipment as shown and you should be able to watch everything via your video sender (use the tuner on the video to select terrestrial channels)

ADDS: as the diagram didnt come out to well
    1) The TV aerial goes into your digobox
    2) The Digobox goes into your video (youll need RF leads as well as SCART)
    3) DVD player (if applicable) also goes INTO your vdeo
    4) The main composite/scart output of your video goes into the video
    5) The RF output (or second SCART output on your video) goes to your main TV

Thanks Mike, I'll try that.

Thanks Mike, I'll try that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

I bought one of these by "Trust" once and the picture quality was fantastic. However, the sound quality was abysmal - sounded like an overloaded portable radio, so I took it back to the shop and got my money back. What's the sound quality like on the LIDL one?

Originally posted by Lennoxschips
    I bought one of these by "Trust" once and the picture quality was fantastic. However, the sound quality was abysmal - sounded like an overloaded portable radio, so I took it back to the shop and got my money back. What's the sound quality like on the LIDL one?

fine going to the portable upstairs, no dolby 5.1 on the portable anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

I asked someone to buy me one of these on Friday and I only got it today to realise it is not what I am looking for. She has lost the receipt and so I need to send it off to head office to get a refund from Lidl :mad:

But to save me the hassle, is anyone here insterested in buying one....maybe they were looking for one and Lidl had ran out? still 50 euro, but i will pay delivery charges.

Let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 WALLENSKY

Does anyone know if any of the Lidl stores have any of these left? or does anyone have one for sale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

I recently bought one of these (Model 40590/FUS 32) and I just cannot get it to work. I have followed the manual and stuck the transmitting dinodes over what I think is the infared reciver on my transmitting TV but nothing. And, yes, I do have all switched on! I have Chorus so could that have something to do with it? Anyone else out there bought one and having problems? Thanks!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Is it just the changing channels part that doesn't work ?

If so..

have you any devices that rung at 433MHz - eg wireless thermometers or suchlike ? I had a similar unit and my wireless thermometers were interfering with the signal. I also found it a bit awkward locating the relevant spot on the sky box for the iR - loads of getting someone upstairs to change channels while I waved the diode around...

I got a newer unit which has a garland of diodes and put two on the skybox and its much more reliable...and also has fabulous picture quality..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭huh!

Anyone near an aldi store, they have there own brand of these for €50 on Thursday

...and also has fabulous picture quality.. [/B]

agreed. it's the best few euro I've spent in quite a while.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Think ill get one in ALDI just for the sake of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Does anyone know how to watch a different channel on the receiving TV than the one on the transmitting TV without having to put it through a video recorder.
    I'm in a student flat and we don't have a video. :(
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Icehouse

I have to credit Lidl - they do really interesting promos on kit that is good qaulity. I'd really like to see them do a digital sat kit. For the moment i'm happy though with my mp3 CD walkman for €49 which I can listen to in my car ;o)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭SRB

Does anyone know how to watch a different channel on the receiving TV than the one on the transmitting TV without having to put it through a video recorder.
    I'm in a student flat and we don't have a video.
    Thanks!

Eh, you can't - it'll only transmit whatever you input to it, in your case the output of the TV, I assume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

ok guys does this basically work the same way as the extra box for sky you pay 10 euro a month for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

No. You can change channels from the other room, but it will also affect what they are watching where the box is located.

Only another box will allow you to watch two things on different TV's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Macy

Anyone know whether this has aux out? Thinking of it as a cheap "sky gnome" rather than TV tbh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I have the Tompson and Lidl models.

As long as Wireless LAN basestation and Video sender in different places they can work at same time.

No problem with my Microwave and Wifi or Video sender.

Audio and video perfect on both makes and mostly different makes on same channel will work together.

The units will work without video and you can drive the receiver off a suitable batter and feed the L& R audio to headphones, or use PC speakers, walkman speakers etc.

If you connect the older type MMDS Dish without the MMDS "LNB" instead of built in aerial range is about 6km. The newertype MMDS dish has the LNB built into the aerial stalk so is not easy to use with Wifi or video senders.

They work with any thing with a composite video out (Playstation, DVD, VHS, Satellite Reciever, cable TV or MMDS boxes that have SCART etc). They will work without video on a CD player, MP3 computer playout etc ).

Advertisement