Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Turning Pace box into FTA system

• 26-11-2005 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hi Guys,

Question for ye all. Don't know what kind of joy I'll get with this but we'll see.

I have a few Pace DS430n Sky boxes that I want to set up in my house. I have Sky in the living room but want to put FTA boxes in 3 other rooms.

I only want the FTA channels in the other rooms as opposed to paying
    extra subs for mirror subs. What I want to know is, is there any way of reprogramming the boxes so that I get all the FTA channels without having to go through the EPG and pick off the FTA channels.

If any of you have any info on this it would be appreciated.

Ace High.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Heinz

AceHigh wrote:
    What I want to know is, is there any way of reprogramming the boxes so that I get all the FTA channels without having to go through the EPG and pick off the FTA channels.
    Not at the moment there isn't but rumour has it that the new software, when finally de-bugged and rolled out, will have a facility to allow a personal EPG of 50 channels to be 'entered'.

There are, of course, many more than 50 FTA channels but finding 50 you'd want to watch would be difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

that's good news (and six years too late :rolleyes:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭JimG

"Rumour has it ... " This was mentioned in the second last Sky magasine as definitely coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,588 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Heinz wrote:
    Not at the moment there isn't but rumour has it that the new software, when finally de-bugged and rolled out, will have a facility to allow a personal EPG of 50 channels to be 'entered'.

There are, of course, many more than 50 FTA channels but finding 50 you'd want to watch would be difficult.

38 here on the Astra 2 list on the proper satellite box in front of me, but ~5 of them aren't on the EPG of an Irish Sky box, so can't be added to the favourites list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,588 ✭✭✭✭L1011

JimG wrote:
    "Rumour has it ... " This was mentioned in the second last Sky magasine as definitely coming.

So was the Sidecar*, it never happened though, did it

although the impending death of ONDigital, ONDigital giving away boxes, and the plumetting cost of MPEG2 decoders didn't help it on its way.

*The Sidecar was an expansion card for the Digibox's unused PCMCIA slot that would add a DTT tuner and SECA CA slot - plug in your aerial and you'd have ONDigital and Sky on one box. Come to think of it, Sky getting all the terrestrial channels killed it even more...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Its 50 Favourites rather than a "take yer pick" EPG.... isnt it?

You can get the UK EPG, if...
    watty wrote:
    Go 501 Sky news.
    Press Red, wait for Interactive to have loaded.
    Turn card upside down or insert dummy card. Make sure pushed right in to activate "card in/out" switch at end of slot.
    Press backup to exit Interactive,
    The UK EPG will load. minus C4 and Five, as they need a FTV card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

the favourites... but we've always had that. you can only flick channels upwards and can't assign numbers. useless

channels 000-099 are free, they should hand them over to the customers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Hi,
    Dont mean to go off topic but has anyone got any recommendations for an FTA box. I've wanted to setup my own one for ages but never got around to it.

There are two old sky boxes in the house one on them is connected to the sky dish its been there since 2000 (can the sky dish be used, would a motorised version be better?) but we are not subscribed to sky anymore.

I had a look at Zinkek.ie and browsed around the forums etc, but haven't found anything usefull there about setting up a new box.

Suggestions greatly appreciated. :)
    Hal1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Heinz

JimG wrote:
    You read that garbage?

That's a first.

Advertisement